Therapist Report #5

Therapist Report: Allison

I think Mr. Styles' diagnosis is all incorrect. While he has shown basic signs of mild undifferentiated schizophrenia, I don't think there was enough to diagnose. I do hypothesize that he may have bipolar disorder, due to his behavior in our sessions. However, I can no longer continue to have him under my care, seeing as personal issues have arisen.

Please discuss this with his new therapist and note this with the Doctor. I will transfer all the files and information I have on Mr. Styles.

Allison McIntyre
Therapist at Maritime Medical

----

two weeks later

Allison sat in her quiet office, skimming paperwork for another patient, when Harry burst into the room.

"What the fuck is this?" He questioned, anger clear on his face as he slammed the referral slip from his insurance company on her desk.

Flustered, she rolled backwards to create space between the two of them. "Well, hello to you too, Harry."

He wasn't in the mood for her pleasantries. "Why did I just receive notice that I'm no longer under your care?"

"Because you're not anymore," she said simply, folding her hands atop her stomach before looking him straight in his eyes.

"So in the two weeks after you left my apartment in a frenzy, you just decided not to call me or contact me in any way, not even to tell me that I'm no longer going to be seeing you?" He seethed out, leaning over the desk and invading her space. She didn't budge, which almost made Harry raise an eyebrow at her new behavior.

"Didn't cross my mind, no," she said, before sitting up and continuing to complete her paperwork.

Now Harry was irritated. "You listen to me—"

"No, you listen to me," she interrupted him, which surprised him. "I'm sick and tired of you constantly demeaning me. I've let your attitude slide the entire time we had our sessions. That's not the type of women I am, despite what you've come to think of me. So speak to me like that again, and I will not hesitate to staple your thin ass lips together. Understand?"

He blinked and his lips slowly parted in shock. Did she really just speak to him like that?

Sighing, she shook her head and continued to write as if he wasn't even there, which made him even more angry than he originally was.

"No, I don't 'understand', Allison," he responded, his voice eerily calm as he walked around the desk to get to her. He yanked the back of her chair away from the desk and swiveled it around to face him. "You don't get to talk to me like that!"

She rolled her eyes. "Oh please, get over yourself. I'm tired of being so nice to you when all you do is belittle me. Some people have limits and this is mine."

"Well, I'm not even halfway there, love," he told her, grabbing her wrists gently and pulling her up from her seat. "We're not finished yet. And I'm not referring to these foolish therapy sessions."

Their close proximity and the weight of his last sentence had her slightly out of breath and made her heartbeat increase. "Then what exactly are you trying to say?"

He glanced down at her lips before slowly bringing his gaze back up to her eyes. "I'm not giving up on this. Why are you fighting this when you've known for months how you feel about me?"

Allison shifted her eyes elsewhere, anywhere that wasn't his alluring jade eyes and tried to yank her hands out of grasp. She now definitely knew he wasn't referring to a patient-therapist relationship. "Harry..."