Therapist Report #4

Therapist's Report: Allison

I rescheduled the last appointment because of a family emergency. We have an appointment the day after tomorrow.

Allison McIntyre
Therapist for Maritime Medical

----

"We've got to stop meeting like this, love."

Allison stared at him, shock written all over her face. "W-what are you doing here?"

He shrugged and ran his eyes down her body, his eyes slowing down at her legs before moving back up to her eyes. "I live here, have you forgotten?"

She could feel her face getting hotter and hotter in mortification. She chose the wrong day to not wear a sweater over her clothes.

"Oh," she said in response before turning away from him and staring at her reflection in the shiny steel doors.

Seconds passed, and the elevator slowly crawled up floor by floor. Why wasn't it going as fast as it was coming down?

"I didn't know receiving deliveries counted as a family emergency," Harry said smugly, leaning against the walls of the elevator.

Allison's eyes must've given away her confusion, because Harry informed her. "Your coworker said you were home and couldn't come to the office because of a family emergency. So imagine my surprise to see you here, carrying a bag full of sushi and pad thai."

She only shrugged and hitched the bag higher in her arms. "Emergencies don't have to last forever."

Harry's jaw clenched, clearly not happy with her response. It was silent for a few seconds before he slammed his palm over the emergency stop button and ripped the paper bag from her hands.

Gasping, she jumped back only to be pulled into his arms and shoved against the wall.

"Don't lie to me, love," he coaxed, stroking the side of her face with his knuckles. "I hate liars."

Allison stayed quiet, her eyes trained on his without backing down. She didn't want to be the first to crack.

He gripped her chin in his large hand, and tilted her head back so she could only see his reflection on the top.

"Now tell me, Allison," he said, stretching his syllables out.

She felt her body tense up, because it was only two and a half weeks ago when Evan had her in the same position, only harsher.

Harry immediately dropped his hands, sensing her body's reaction to him. Taking a step back, he scanned her face, trying to read her emotions.

"What did that bastard do to you?" Harry spat, his eyes narrowing at her.

Her eyes widened, and she recoiled from him. "What?"

He opened his mouth to speak but the elevator doors slid open onto Fiori's floor, and she scampered out quickly.

"Get back here, Allison!" He ordered, following her off the lift.

Instead of listening to him, she quickened her pace to the end of the hall. She was almost at Fiori's door when she felt him jerk her back by the strap of her sports bra.

The bags tumbled out of her hand but she didn't take notice to them because Harry swooped her into his arms and pressed her body tightly to him.

"Where do you think you're going, love?" He questioned, moving a hand over her cheek.

Her lips parted, and she stared up at him but his eyes were trained on her lips.

"I find it funny how I was going to ask you something," he murmured, his forest green eyes now moving up to her own. "But just looking at you made me forget."