Chapter 7~ Leaving Then Coming Home

(3 days after Percy and Blackjack got back to Camp Half-Blood)

Chapter 7~ Leaving Then Coming Home

~~~~~~~~~
Percy pov
~~~~~~~~~

All we did was trained. The older campers trained the younger ones. I helped train. But only barely. The rest of the time, I was planning on how to free us from Vincent.

I got disarmed and my sword went to the floor. I hissed in pain and my sword flew to my hand. It morphed to my staff. I limped to the sidelines and leaned against the wall.

My sparring partner, Thalia, ran over.

"You okay??" She asked.

"Fine. The poison is in the worst state right now. Im going to have to r-retreat to the Void. Tell Nico and the others to not search for me. And take t-the staff to Nico." I handed her the staff and faded into the Void.

The Void was dark, yet powerful. I knew how to navigate it, thankfully. I went to my room and laid down. I healed and healed.

~~~~~~~~~
Thalia pov
~~~~~~~~~

When Percy said he was leaving, it made me sad. Tears fell. I gripped the staff in sadness and ran to the mess hall. It was lunch time.

"Chiron. I have something to say." He nodded and didn't ask why I was crying. He stomped his hoof and everyone turned to us.

"Thalia has an announcement." Chiron said.

I gripped the staff and said, "Percy... h-he's in the Void r-right now. He's healing. He said n-not to look f-for him." Tears were streaming down my face.

After lunch, I looked for Nico and found him staring into space, leaning on the mess hall.

"Nico... Percy said he w-wanted you to have his staff..." I sniffled.

Nico was shocked. He sighed. "Fine. But im giving it back to him when I see him." I handed him the staff and he gripped it in sadness.

The rest of the day we talked, mostly about Percy.

(A week later; 2 days before the attack)

~~~~~~~~~
Percy pov
~~~~~~~~~

I was finally healed. Not fully, but enough for the war. It was only two Earth days before the attack. A week I had been gone on Earth. I've been gone for 14 Void Years.

Right now, I was flying to camp in my demon form.

I saw Half-Blood Hill in the distance. I landed and winced. Stupid poison. I thought as I morphed into a wolf. (Picture)

I howled, waking people up. It was 5:00 in the morning! No one was up.

People rushed to the hill. I barked at them, happily. For now, I wasn't revealing myself.

I stopped barking when I saw weapons. I growled at them.

"No weapons." I said in everyone's head. People dropped their weapons.

I searched for a specific person and saw him holding my staff. He gripped it in sadness.

I ran over to him and licked his hand. He jumped and the staff fell.

I touched my nose to the staff.

"Bonded one. I have come home." I said.

"Percy. The attack is in two days. You need not be here." He replied.

"I have come no matter. And I will stay." I pulled away, picked it up, and gave it back to Nico.

"I'm glad you kept it." I said to him then ran into camp.