The Beginning

Today is a very pleasant day. It's Gauri di's wedding. She is the elder sister I never had. The cousin of my best friend. Let me introduce myself to all of you. I am Ranveer Vaghela.

Twelve years before, on a windy August morning was the first time I entered the Parekh Mansion. At all of nine years, I had come with my father from our small hometown to work here for the esteemed Parekhs.

My father was appointed as the driver of the patriarch, Mr Harshad Parekh or as I call him now my Mota Baapu. I still remember the awe in my eyes as I took in the view in front of my eyes. The beautiful mansion which seemed like a palace, the hundreds of servants working and managing the house and the distinct sound of a piano being played.

The lyrical sound of someone's laughter enraptured me. As my father went ahead to ask about our living arrangements and his job requirements, I followed the sound , totally mesmerized.

There standing behind a pillar, hiding, I peeped to see the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on. My heart skipped a beat and at that moment I knew someone stole my heart.

The angel, as though intuitively turned to face me. I blushed deeply and looked down embarrassed that I had been caught peeping. She didn't say anything, so I dared myself to look up. She rubbed her nose with her forefinger in a very royal manner making me feel as if there was something on my nose. Again embarrassed that I looked dirty in front of royalty, I began rubbing my nose furiously, only to hear that sweet, lyrical sound of her laughter again.

Now lets come back to the present guys.... I head inside the Parekh Mansion and the head of the family , my Mota Baapu's mother, the great Baa beckons me.

Baa: Ranveer, I want all the arrangements to be done properly. Any problem and remember you are the one who will face the fire. It is my first grand daughter's wedding today and nothing should go amiss. Am I understood?

Ranveer: Yes, Baa

So now that you guys have met Baa, let me tell you something about her. She absolutely loves her sons and loves the fame and money surrounding her. I respect her a lot as she is my Mota Baapu's mother. She is a strict lady who is used to getting her own way in all matters, except for one matter, which happened years back( I'll tell you that story later). She is a strong believer of the fact that servants have to be kept below your feet. She is also respected by Indian royalty, even though she is not part of them. Such is her aura that everyone bows down to her.

Now let me introduce you to the other members of the Parekh family. Baa has three sons, Harshad, Ritesh and Mitesh. All of them are married with children of their own. Harshad is married to Falguni Parekh, a raving beauty of her time, Ritesh is married to Deeksha, a noble lady with no greed for money and with a heart that overflows with love for all her children as well as the other Parekh children( Gauri di is Deeksha and Ritesh's eldest daughter) and Mitesh is married to Chaitali, who is Baa's most favorite, but is a very suspicious lady as she doesn't trust her husband much. Chaitali Kaki believes in looking younger so that she looks like her children's friend rather than their mother and keeps a strict tab on her husband's diet, even though she herself gorges on food.

Harshad and Falguni Parekh have two daughters, Ishani and Disha . Ritesh and Deeksha have Gauri di and Prateek, who has a tummy that can fill the entire universe in it and a liking for food similar to his aunt and uncle, Mitesh and Chaitali. Mitesh and Chaitali have sons Sharman and Dewarsh .

Now let me tell you the ages of these cousins. Gauri di, the eldest, is 26 , followed by Sharman, who is 23, Ishani at 20 years, Prateek, Dewarsh and Disha are 18.  These cousins by behavior are polar opposites. Though, there is one thing that binds them together, and that is their love and concern for each others happiness.