Untitled Part 13

*Parekh Mansion

Baa, Falguni and Harshad are having dinner.

Baa: Harshad, you are dead set on the marriage, right?

Baa: Yes Baa. If my daughter likes Chirag, who am I to stop the marriage? But it all depends on her now. Everyone knows how she absolutely despises boys who are too proud. But I think Chirag isn't like that.

Baa: You don't worry. She is my grand-daughter. She'll listen to me and I'll ask her to marry that boy. Anyways, her taste in boys is really good.

Falguni: (thinks) What has happened to Baa? Is she drunk or is she joking? She has never spoken so highly of Ishani in her entire life and now she is praising her.

Baa: She'll want a destination wedding...

Harshad: But Baa she likes everything simple.

Baa: Don't you know your daughter, Harshad? Her taste is exquisite and her eyes are only on classy things.

Falguni: Baa, whom are you talking about?

Baa: Disha

Harshad: Ishani

Falguni: What??? Disha will not get married first. Ishani is elder.

Harshad: Yes Baa, I agree with Falguni.

Baa: But Ishani is not your blood, Disha is.

Harshad: Baa, she is also my daughter...

Baa: No, Harshad, she is Falguni's blood. She came with her as dowry and nothing more.

Harshad: But for me, both my daughters are equal.

Baa: Just by staying in this house, she doesn't become a part of our family; else all servants would be our family members. Why are you arguing with me?

Harshad: Baa, I'm not arguing. I'm just reminding you of your own words. Didn't you always say that people should get whatever they are capable of? Ishani is elder and capable as well, so it's her right.

Baa: My promise matters more than Ishani's right and I have promised Disha to get her married to Chirag. Now I don't want any more discussion on this topic. Good night.

*Mehta House

Outside Mehta House, Ranveer sits in the lawn to eat his samosa with the other servants, when in a way very similar to a cyclone, Ishani appears. Ranveer gets tensed seeing Ishani as he doesn't want her to be scolded for defending him.

Ranveer: Ishani, why did you come out? See, if you thought that I must be feeling bad and you have come to cheer me up, there is no need. I've been taunted by Baa so many times that now I'm trained. It doesn't hurt me anymore.

Ishani: I didn't come to cheer you up. I came to give you this chutney. You always say right, that without chutney you don't get the taste of samosa.

Ranveer: Wow, when did you start thinking so much for me? Anyways, give it to me. Yum, it is so tasty. You made my day, Ishani.

I feel so bad for what that Chirag said to Ranveer. He will never share his troubles with me, but I know that he must feel bad. I hate that Chirag...

Ranveer: Hey now you should go in. If someone sees you her with me, then I'll again get scolding.

A drop of water falls on my cheek and I look up to see the natural water tank burst as it starts raining. Both of us run into a shelter. While we both smile looking at the rain, I can see the question finding its way on Ishani's lips as she asks me the question I dread.