Love, Ranveer

Gauri di stands in the middle of the hall in deathly silence, while around her people are joyful. Ishani is having a forlorn look on her face. I can't bear the sadness that paints Ishani's beautiful face. No matter how hard I try, the sadness just kept creeping back. She will move on only once Gauri di has gone away. That is my Ishani. She feels others pain as if it were her own. Others sadness is reflected on her face. And looking at her, I feel proud that the person whom I love is her.

The marriage rituals have begun. The groom is on our door step. Deeksha Kaki is taking his Aarti and next is the best ritual: the ritual where the mother-in-law pulls her son-in-law's nose playfully. This ritual is to remind him that he has come rubbing his nose for a daughter of this house. Romil then enters breaking earthen pots, signifying that he will step over all obstacles in his married life. Kaka comes forward and washes Romil's feet with honey and milk and it is at this moment that his shoes disappear. No one really notices, but I see Disha running off with his shoes. Now as per rituals, all the cousins will try their level best to hide the shoes and if Romil is unable to find them, then he will have to give them all a treat for the return of his shoes.

It is just then that one of Dewarsh's college friends arrives.

Friend: Hey guys!!! I seriously can't believe that you are all hyped for this boring wedding. Let me give you meatier news. Do you know Ketan Mehta?

Disha: Yeah, he is the uncle that Papa had gone to pick up at the airport.

Prateek: What about him?

Friend: He has a son....

Dewarsh: So what? Baa has three sons...

Disha: You fool, can't you understand? He has a young son...Is he handsome?

Friend: Disha, stop fretting... Anyways all that I know is that he is returning to India after completing his education from Yale and his parents have organized a party for his welcome....

Prateek: Party... Wow ... There will be lots to eat in a party right?

Dewarsh: Oh Fatso, you just keep on thinking of food. I don't understand how traits of my parents are in you.

Friend: So, if Harshad Uncle is his father's friend, then surely all of us can go to the party... I've heard its going to be a raving party and that too with no parents... The freedom of such a life is so exciting!!!!

Disha: Ishani, why are you so quite?

Ishani: Yeah, no, yeah... It's a good idea. But I'm not interested...

Disha: Oh please Ishani, save your attitude for that guy... By the way, what's his name?

Friend: Chirag... Chirag Mehta- heir of Mehta Group of Industries.

Disha: And my future boyfriend.....

Ranveer: Ishani come. Gauri di is in the mandap(podium).

Ishani: Thanks Ranveer for dragging me from there. I would have gone mad if I heard even one word more about that rich brat...

Ranveer: That is so like you... But aren't you both in the same category?

Ishani: No, I'm not rich. Papa is. Even though he says that all this is mine, it's not. I want to become something. Like my Papa brought up this Mansion with his hard work, I'll also create a name for me on my own ability. And I'm not a brat.... So please stop comparing me with filthy dollars...

The priest is reciting the prayers.

Ishani: Ranveer, why is di getting married?

Ranveer:Gauri di didn't love for getting it, but just for the sake of loving, and just to protect it, she is sacrificing herself, and that's what love is all about- losing yourself in someone else's identity.