Chapter Fourteen

Gajeel: 33
Zeref: 32
Sore: 28
Sayn: 20
Jiyeun/orange demon: 17
Lux: 14
Zeus: 12
Alaro: 10

Wow! Let's go then!

Natsu and Lisanna were standing side by side, smirking and glaring daggers at their new enemies.

"Aww, that's adorable. You want to protect that stupid blonde?! Well, good luck winning then! You'll need it!" His voice broke at the word 'protect', resulting in a deep voice. Lucy shuddered and tried using her magic to no avail. She wasn't ready yet.

"Oh, hell no we won't" Gajeel smirked and Loke and Zeref appeared, kneeling next to Lucy and trying to get her somewhere safe. Suddenly, the roof caved in and Lucy stared at the scene in horror, some mages could flee in time while others got trapped underneath falling debris and parts of the heavy roof. Her friends were still fighting, but they, Natsu and Lisanna noticed the danger and ran out of the hall, Gray quickly carrying me outside in bridal style, because Loke and Zeref helped some other members safe themselves and free themselves. He quickly carried Lucy outside, watching the rest of the members run out when the whole building crashed.

"Where are Loke and Zeref..?" Lucy mumbled and Gray looked around.

"I don't know, but we have to find the others first. They sho-" He was cut off by a loud roar in the distance, surprising him and Lucy.

While Lucy looked around panicking, Gray quickly took them to the others when he saw them standing at the side and watching their beloved home being destroyed in front of their own eyes. The guild.. it meant so much.

You could see the teary eyes from a distance, but Lucy really couldn't care less at that moment.

"H-hey, I know this is really sad, but a demon is on it's way here!" Lucy panicked and all eyes turned to her, widening and staring.

"A-A DEMON?!" they shouted in unison and angst and Lucy hid her face in Gray's chest, feeling worse than ever. She wasn't able to help. She was once again the annoying lucy that had to be saved by the others. Another roar emitted from the demon in the distance and she got goosebumps. Magnolia was empty. A Demond headed towards them. Lucy was badly hurt. Levy went missi- LEVY WENT MISSING?!

"g-guys.. where is levy?"

Silence. Where is she? She was nowhere to be seen until-

"LEVY?!" Lucy exclaimed, crying as she saw her best friend buried in rocks and wood. She wriggled her way out of Gray's grip and crawled to the mage, shaking and sobbing as she looked at her dying friend.

"L-lucy-" she whispered with a hoarse voice, trying to stay alive. "Levy! No.. you can't die! You are my best friend, please don't die! I will miss you so much- you love books as much as me, I-I wanted to show you the novel I wrote! You know, the n-novel I wrote for yo-you! Please s-stay alive-" She got interrupted by a new tear sliding down levy's face and her small voice. "Please tell me the story-" she mumbled and Lucy nodded quickly, beginning to tell her the romance story, not leaving a detail out and lulling Levy into a peaceful death. ".. and so, they died in each other's embrace, happily and together." she finished the story, her face stained with tears and Levy lifeless with her head on Lucy's lap.
Levy was dead. Lucy was shaking and screaming the dead girl's name into the sky, her voice fading with every time. Gajeel stared at Levy and Lucy in horror and sadness, deciding to comfort the blonde, weak girl. He slowly stepped towards her and sat down next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders. He stayed quiet while she leaned against him, looking into the night-sky sniffling, mourning her best friend. The stars seemed to twinkle lightly, comforting Lucy. She sighed and took a shaky breath before hugging Gajeel's waist and burying her face in his chest, trying to calm down. He helped her and gently layed Levy's head on the floor, both standing up and turning away from the corpse. Lucy spoke to the plants and they started freeing levy's corpse, laying her down in a bed made out of flowers and burying her underneath the earth. Blue tulips and roses began growing on her grave. "Rest in peace, I hope you liked your goodnight story" she whispered and sniffed, going back to Gajeel.

End of chapter fourteen.