Chapter 6- Memories Of Whats To Come

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 6- MEMORIES OF WHAT'S TO COME

I looked cautiously at Karoth and peeked in.  

I was instantly enthralled by what I saw.  

The door swung shut behind me.  

I barely noticed.  

In a way, I knew I was going to be kept prisoner.  

But it was a price I was willing to make.  

In that room, I could almost hear the crackle of magick as I walked over to the table.  

My instincts guided me as I pressed my hands on the tops of the shells of the two eggs.  

My eyes were closed, but I could still see...

I saw two beautiful dragons effortlessly gliding in the air.  

One was dark green, with beautiful almond shaped eyes. One was like a stab of ivy, a mysterious glint on his eyes.  

I saw their eyes sparkle with the sun, as they swooped over the sea.  

But, who were they flying too? 

The dragons flew to a cliff and I heard someone call their names in joy.  

Riki and Tiki.  

Her blonde, wavy hair was blown across her face, and she tucked it behind her ear. 

The same thing I do whenever my hair gets on my nerves.  

I studied her face. The women was very beautiful.  

With a jolt I realised it was my older self.

We flashed forward, and I was with the dragons once more, but there's a difference. I looked like I was introducing them to one of my children. The kids couldn't be older than one and three.  

They were both boys.  

I laughed as Riki ruffled the youngest boy's hair with his warm breathe. The boy ran off and clung to my skirts.  

Tiki dove out of the clouds, smaller than Riki, and landed on a heap on the ground.  

I laughed, but my face was creased with worry.

Snippets of my life slipped before my eyes, before I came to the end.  

I saw my funeral.  

I lay with my hair fanned out around me, in a simple light blue, satan dress. 

Riki and Tiki'a heads were bowed over me on either edge of the coffin as the ceremony went on. There were two people I didn't know, but knew I could trust, they wear looks of complete devastation.  

I saw a single tear slide down my beautiful dragons' faces, and drop onto the floor.  

A couple of hours later, and I saw Riki and Tiki heave themselves up a hill. They lay together, entwined with one another. They were frightened, but were too depressed to notice it.  

They slept on the same cliff my first memory came to me on.  

A fierce wind pulls at them. Their faces soften to contentment, as the wind carried their ashes off to meet me in a new life.

******

I hope you like this chapter, readers :) please comment, and leave me feedback... what do you want to happen in the next few chapters?