Chapter 30- Goodbye; The Overused Word

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 30- GOODBYE; THE OVERUSED WORD

"Goodbye, Perce," I hugged Percy as if my life depended on him. I chuckled sadly at the memory of how we first met, I broke away. "Don't worry Percy, I'm coming back!" I smiled.

"Well, I'll see you later, then buddy." He tried to lighten the forlorn mood, but with no avail. I could see the despair in his eyes. But he knew nothing he or Maria could say, would sway my decision. I squeezed his hand and left Riki and Tiki to say goodbye.

I moved over to Maria, and she shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot, before she threw herself into my arms.

"I- I'm so sorry for the way I treated you, Cass," She sobbed. "Thank you for the nose bleed. I deserved it." We laughed sadly, being beaten up with the emotions that came with memories.

"Goodbye, my sister. And never forget for one minute, that I and Caron and Kavos loved you." She nodded, as I held her at arms length. All of my warrior-maiden-bravado had worn off, and she saw me for who I was.

"Goodbye." RIki and Tiki also bade her a goodbye, and we took to the skies.

I craned my head back and saw Percy holding Maria.

'At least they have each other now, like I have you two.' I sadly told Riki and Tiki.

----

We flew through the skies, days and nights. Dragon's are gifted with the ability to fly while sleeping... So that's what we did. 

We flew, day and night. 

We flew over the ocean of trees, and we saw the huge Brassan Mountains, seeing their huge stone branches clawing at the sky. But even they faded out into the distance, and we were left flying over the lonely, rolling hills.

We had passed Marva and Borick, some distance back, and I gave them a tear inducing goodbye. All I seemed to be doing was saying goodbye.

"Marva! I'm so sorry that we never came to say goodbye!" I sobbed.

"Child. No tears. Not for me," She gathered me in her arms. "I'm glad you came, though."

----

We came to Nectan's Tree, with spirits so low, we often thought of turning back.

But that was not what we could do for Coria.

We landed heavily on the ground, not with our usual grace and made our way to the tree.

I walked up to it, and tapped the bark twice. 

At first nothing happened. But then, the bark opened, twisting, unraveling and opening a yawning mouth of the tree big enough even for Riki.

I looked back at Riki and Tiki and they  nodded to me. I placed a hand on their sides, feeling the roughness of their scales. We walked forwards into the cavern.

"Goodbye, Coria."

*****

Muran watched as her sons disappeared into Nectan's tree, to safety.

Karoth watched with a boiling anger, as they disappeared out of his reach.

"You know what they're doing, right?" Karoth asked the female, seething. Muran never answered Karoth.

"They're going to get my cousins." You could have heard the disgust in his voice. Muran shuffled her scales with happiness.

Karoth mentally attacked her, making her roar in pain, and she fell like a stone to the ground. She could not prevent it.

She would pay with pain on the ground later on, after their fall.

"I AM YOUR MASTER! YOU FEEL WHAT I FEEL!" He screamed, through his mental assualt, and never stopped, just letting them fall to the ground.

****

This is the end of the book, but there is also an epilogue ;)

THANK YOU!! :D

Have an AMAZING day/morning/afternoon/evening :D