Chapter 22- The Tree Top House

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 22- THE TREE TOP HOUSE

We soared through the air, but this time we were burdened with worry. Our eyes scanned the sky nervously expecting Muran to charge at us, we now lacked the confidence we once had in the air.

'How did you know to take me to the Palace?'

'It was Muran, Cass. We had to look like we were fighting, but we were actually talking. We were distracted from Karoth for a moment. Muran, I mean my mother, was slowly training me and Tiki, pointing out our fighting flaws. We had to pretend because she would get put in shackles as soon as Karoth found out what was happening, and that is a fate all dragons wish to escape.'

'Oh... Why didn't you come down and help me with Karoth?'

'We will not always be there to protect you.' I felt anger bubble up inside of me.

'I can look after myself very well, thank you very much!' I snapped. I felt TIki's amusement. Soon, Riki tuked his wings in, and we dove down to a clearing, Tiki was beside us, like a sharp arrow, destined for ground. We landed somewhat heavily for a dragon, and I turned my back angrily, and stormed off.

'That's the wrong way Cass.' Tiki's bell voice chuckled at me, I spun around, glaring at him.

'Lead the way then, clever clogs.' 

------

I soon noticed the brownie village I had been in on my first night in Coria, by the rolled up rope ladders, and the modest wooden doors in the trees. Not many brownies were around, but I still saw nervous, sparkling eyes watching us nervously.

I ignored them, and knocked on the door of Clova's brownie tree-top-house, and after a few minutes, the door creaked open a sliver.

"Can I help you?" A brownie lady with small braids through her hair, and worry shining in her eyes.

"I'm Cassy, a friend of Clova's," The brownie arched an eyebrow, as once again I forgot Corian tradition, "I mean, Avril's."

"You best come in. My child has been asking for you. Your Prilla, but I do not like your companions. Their kind have wreaked havoc in our lives."  I mentally told Riki and Tiki, and, shutting th door carefully, I followed Clova's mother upstairs.

"Clova, you've got a visitor." The brownie called softly, into a room. I heard Clova's squeal, and I heard her mother sternly tell her to stay THERE! The brownie opened the door for me to go in, and I nodded to show my thanks.

"CASSY!" Clova shouted, jumping into my arms, "You came!" 

"Of course!" I told her, squeezing her tightly. I pushed her away at arms length, "How are you, anyway?"

"I had a fever, but not as bad as you! And, thanks to TIki, I was taken to the Palace, I was treated by Marva- the best healer in Coria! When I tried to visit you she told me off, and I was taken home by Marva, Riki and Tiki were just like you. Out like a doused flame."

------

I stayed for about an hour, before I felt it best that I left. I thanked Clova's mother who I found to be called 'Bailey', and just before I left, she caught my elbow, and I saw her eyes full of tears.

"I want to thank you so much for protecting my daughter. You could have died yourself, but you sacrificed yourself. There is no price you could have paid higher. So my door is open to you and your dragons-"

"Riki and Tiki." I smiled at Bailey, and she laughed apologetically.

"Sorry, Riki and Tiki. Because you have saved my life as well as Clova's. Thank you." 

"Mrs Bailey, there is no need to thank me. Your daughter saved herself. If she had not taken me to your camp, I myself would have been lost, because I would have eaten a deadly root!" I laughed, but Bailey's grateful attitude to me had warmed my heart.

Bailey embraced me, and we parted, and I flew to the Palace Home.

*****

Next chapter after just 10 reads now :)

I hope you like this chapter :)

Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening ;)