Chapter 9- The Division

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 9- THE DIVISION

'Whoa! Calm down Cassy!' Shouted a voice inside my head. 

"Riki?!" I called, snarls escaping my lips instead, making me panic even more. A hatch in the metal door slid open, and evil green eyes peered out suspiciously. 

'Yes?' I heard Riki's voice reply.  

'Where am I?' I eyed the green eyes warily. 

'Your in my body. It's another thing dragons and draguards can do.' I gasped, coming out as a shocked growl. The hatch was just about to shut, when it widened. I glared at the eyes, and the hatch was hastily closed. 

'But your so big!' I tried to turn around to see my - I mean, Riki's - body but cold chains rattled against Riki's scales. I felt a raging anger swell inside of me; how dare they bind this dragon (my dragon!), like this? How can my beauty, meant for the skies, be shackled to the ground? 

'Wow, Cass it's fine, we just have to wait a few more days, then I can get us out of here. For good.' I slowly nodded Riki's great head. But my anger had no where near subsided. 

'Why am I here?' I asked mentally, not wanting to risk snarling again.  

'So... Your not sure my brother is your dragon, like I am to you, right?' I don't bother to nod, Riki knew what I was thinking, 'so I want to show you what I see... Our Division.'

-------

We closed our eyes, but our linked minds acted as eyes as Riki showed me our 'division'. At first, all I saw was black.  

But colours started to explode from the darkness.  

Soon me and Riki were enveloped.  

But, abruptly the show stopped. Frozen in time in wonderful splashes of colour.  

Then that started to fade.  

Soon we were back to square one. Total and utter darkness.  

I was just about to utter, 'I don't get it', when suddenly I did get it. I understood that I am the draguard to two dragons. 

Two figures started to appear.  

They danced their way over to us, entwining themselves around each other, happiness seeming to emit from their very beings. They stopped their movements, and stayed still in the position of a heart.  

'It's Darth* and his wife, Darali, Cassy.' Riki rumbled, respect rolling off of him in great waves.  

'Dragons get married?' I muttered, my eyes fixed on Darth and Darali.

Sparks flew from the centre, blue sparks. I watched on in awe.  

The dragons raced away from each other, leaving the collection of sparks.  

They started to form something...  

I couldn't see what it was, it kept moving, twisting and turning like the dragons had. But there were three separate colours, with three separate lines of division.  

The first third was light blue. It throbbed and sparked like a firework, mingling into the next sector, a dark green part. This colour spiralled and pulsed, making me think of joy. 

Then there was the ivy green section.  

It was dull, like it was lying dormant.  

And I realised. This was the Egg. Tiki.  

And he is my dragon.

 ****** 

*Darth being Corian people's god.