Chapter 8- Brother Egg

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 8- BROTHER EGG

I lost count I the amount of weeks... Months I was in that cell for.
I had my food pushed through a small hatch at the corner, and a bucket of water that was also my toilet.

The only thing that kept me going through that endless torment was that little dragon.

He kept me going with our silly little conversations.

'Has my brother hatched yet?' This was the new routine now.

'No.' This was also routine.

'Oh... Are you OK, Cass? Are they treating you well?'

'Well enough.' There was a silence, before I finally gather the courage to get something off my chest.

'How do you know that I'm the draguard to the egg, as well as you?' I asked, staring into the egg, like the intense heat of my gaze would have made it erupt into shards of shell and a teeny tiny dragon.

'I know that we are. It's not the first time this has happened.'

'But how do you know?' There was a pause, when I suddenly felt like I was being torn from my body, but not the type of pain it was when Riki was taken from me. I was numb. My body tingling, my mind struggling sightly with the drugs Karoth was pumping into me.

I felt my mind reconnect with another body.

---------

"What the hell am I doing here?!" I yelled, feeling like my world had just crashed around my ears. Was this a trick of Karoth's?

It was then I realised I was roaring.

******

Please tell me what you think! Comment, vote and follow!! And of course read my books!!!!!