Chapter 23- Locked Out

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

CHAPTER 23- LOCKED OUT

I walked in the middle of my dragons, through the Palace's village, nodding to the villagers that lined the streets, nodding to each of them in turn. Riki had been keen to show me the mess he had made of the street, and I couldn't help but feel embarrassed by the splinter of disruption we had caused in the tranquility. 

'Well, i's not as if we just came along ad threw Coria into turmoil... Karoth was doing a pretty amazing job of that himself!' Tiki had told me. My face turned back to a stony mask.

'I'm going to kill him.'

'I'm sure you would.' Riki and Tiki laughed without a trace of humour.

We soon walked past the huge, wire gates that were always open to the townspeople, and I lay a hand on Riki's side and he looked at me oddly, before turning back to watch Tiki spiral in the sky.

'How old are you?' I asked, my eyes following Tiki's grace that only came to him in the sky.

'Well now, I have flown in the skies for a year in your terms, but I am also 243 years old, because of when I was dormant in the egg. Tiki, even though to you he is the youngest, he is actually 347 years old.' I was shocked, but I soon recovered.

'Your an old man.' I giggled.

'Hey! Watch it!' Riki spun around, playfully snapping his jaws at me, and making a lunge for my tunic. I ran from him, but soon we were walking back to the Palace, with me swaying in Riki's teeth, and Tiki announcing our arrival by roaring through the skies.

-----

'Cassy... I can't believe your really willing to spend the night here, with us, just because you don't want to get lost!'

'Hey! It's not like that!''

'What is it like, then?'

'It's like if Riki went off hunting on Earth, and you didn't want to be left by yourself!'

'Well, I would have been with you... And, I'd be off hunting myself.' Tiki snickered. Riki was already sound asleep in the Dragon Quarters.

The Dragon Quarters, was a feild, with long grass dotted with bright yellow and lilac flowers in summer, and a huge wall of caves rearing up a side facing the Palace Home. The western end, was guarded by hug gates, and the other was home to a huge forest, that never seemed to shorten with deer.

Instead of sleeping in one of the many caves, the pair of dragons prefered to spend their nights sleeping in the meadow, amongst the flowers, and the stars their blanket.

I was quite happy to stay there with them, but Tiki woke up in the night, and was surprised to see me still there, lying on my back, gazing at the stars, feeling the warm breeze sweep over me. 

But no.

I had to go into the maze of corridors, and somehow find my way to my room.

'TIki, can't I stay here with you tonight, please?' I pleaded, it was embarrassing I was so worried I'd get lost. Tiki sighed, a huge blast of hot air coming out of his nostrils.

'No! You can't just be with us allll the time, Cass, you need to be amongst your own kind.'

'Fine!' I heaved myself up, and stalked off. When I was far enough way, I lay down, curling up in a ball.

'Cassy.' I ignored him. I heard Tiki plod over to me, and he picked me up with one of his paws and took to the skies. He was flying over to the Palace. He stopped outside of a window. 'This is your room. Now go find it!' I was flown over the gate, and dropped down.

'Even you can't climb these gates, Cass. Now go!' I turned and walked off, not talking to Tiki. I heard him chuckle. I threw an angry glare his way, and narrowly avoided walking into a lamp post, with a flickering candle in. I followed the warm yellow lights, until I came to the huge, wooden doors. I tried to open them, but they must have been locked.

'Just my luck. Tiki, they're locked.' 

'That has never stopped you in the past. I do believe Kavos taught you how to pick a lock.' I suddenly felt as if some great hand was squeezing my throat. Kavos.

I'm six years old. I'm running around a garden, with a big man with bulging muscles running after me. I swung up into a tree, me climbing it with ease. The man playfully grabbed my foot, and I squealed. I liked this game. He pulled me down from the tree, and gathered me in his arms. I had scratched myself. Kavos gently kissed my arm better. He spun me around and around. Suddenly, I heard the door being crashed open. We heard a scream that still echoes in my nightmares. It's Caron.

Kavos places me carefully back in the tree.

"You stay here!" He told me firmly. I started to cry, "Shush." He dashes into the house, and came back with a cut to his cheek, and a wound in his leg, he was carrying Caron. It had happened so quickly.

I scrambled down from the tree. I ran over to him, hugging his legs. 

"We need to get to the car." I nodded, and ran to the door, "Be careful!" I saw huge piles of ash, as I carefully trod through the house. There was a deathly silence. 

Then it was ruptured by a roar. A huge beast came tumbling at me. Caron and Kavos weren't far behind me, but they couldn't do anything. I screamed. He had huge curling horns around the side of his head, and small ears. His dark eyes watched me feverishly. The monster clutched a club. He swung it at me.

Before it came in contact, I heard a gunshot, and the monster exploded into ash.

I slowly turned to face Kavos.

"He from Home." I stated shakily to see Kavos beside Caron, holding a gun. Anything/anyone who is from another dimension will turn to ash when they die anywhere but their home world.

"Yes, but he's a bad man, Cass. He's a Creeper."

I'm pulled out of my trance. I stumble away from the doors, and into the stables. I find an empty one, and settle down for a night plagued with memories.

******

Hi :), next chapter after 15 reads ;)

I hope you enjoy this short chapter :)

Have a nice day/morning/afternoon/evening :)