Chapter 34. Yearning.

Dedicated to klane233. Thank you :))

Asami's POV.

I didn't know what to do.

Madara had been acting weird and I couldn't get him to tell me what was going on. If I only knew what happened, then I could help him, support him, but I knew next to nothing. The sudden change of his behaviour made me worry. I didn't like the way he was isolating himself again. But what could I do about it?

Madara would find it annoying and disturbing if I kept pestering him with questions, even though I meant it well. So I decided to try one more time.

Madara's POV.

My head hung, looking down on the words I wrote down a few days ago. It was all I was able to decipher till now, but not enough. I missed a few important words, and I needed those words to understand the text. Grunting, I leaned back into my chair. I was getting nowhere this way.

Upon hearing a knock on the door, I sat straight again just before the door opened. Asami came in, looking somewhat unsure, but I also noticed a glimpse of determination in her eyes. ''What are you doing here?'' I asked. ''I'm busy.''

''I noticed.''

My eyes narrowed. I didn't have time for this. I already had enough on my mind. ''Can you leave?''

But instead of walking to the door, she went into the opposite direction. Asami wasn't intending on leaving. She walked around my desk, and stopped at the chair I was sitting on. The determination in her eyes was gone, but so was the uncertainty. She just looked sad.

I sighed and turned to her. ''What is wrong?''

Those words seemed to anger her a bit though, as she clenched her fists tightly while a glare appeared on her face, directed at me. ''What is wrong? What is wrong with you?!'' she exclaimed. ''You've been acting off for a few days already and you're not telling me anything!''

''I just have much to think about.''

''Like what?''

Asami's POV.

Madara didn't answer, and the look in his eyes told me he wasn't going to either. I hated this. He wouldn't ever share his thoughts. How was I supposed to know what was going on inside his head this way? ''You can tell me everything, Madara.'' I said. ''You know that.''

''This doesn't involve you and I'm not intending on involving you.''

My nails buried themselves in the palms of my hands. I needed to be persistent. I couldn't let myself be sent away again. ''I know you've always done things on your own, but it wouldn't hurt to rely on others once in a while.'' I murmured. ''You're not alone.''

Madara's serious expression faltered slightly. ''Not yet.''

I frowned. ''Not.. yet?'' I asked slowly. He didn't mean..

''I'm not going to tell you just yet.'' Madara said as he stood up. ''I will when the time is right.''

''What are you planning on doing?'' I asked, feeling slightly relieved I misunderstood what he said a few seconds ago. Of course I had this feeling I already knew, but assuming wouldn't do any good. As far as I knew, I could be terribly wrong.

"I'll tell you another time, Asami." Madara said as he placed his hand on top of my head as if I were a child. "I'm not even completely sure of a few things yet. First, I need to figure out a few things myself."

I didn't really know what he meant with that, but I decided not to ask.  He would tell me in time. I was just glad that this was probably the reason why he acted like he did the past few days. Even though most of my questions were left unanswered, I decided not to bother him any longer.

''I'll be leaving then.'' I spoke up. ''I don't want to keep you from your work any longer.''

Madara pulled his hand back, and I was about to turn around, but my movements were stopped. The hand which was previously on my head, was now firmly holding my arm. ''Look up.''

I looked up, intending to ask what was wrong, but wasn't given the chance. Madara leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I was surprised by the sudden action, and wasn't able to respond instantly. Madara let go of my arm and placed it on my hip instead, pulling me against him. My eyes fluttered closed as I began to kiss back.

The kiss was neither soft nor rough. It was even slightly needy, but it wasn't only longing that we were feeling. It had been a while since we last kissed, and I had to admit that I kinda missed it  Madara was a pretty good kisser after all. He managed to make my mind go blank with just one kiss.

I hummed slightly once Madara sped up a bit. He began to kiss a little bit harder but not painfully hard. When I wanted to pull away, Madara only gave me a second to breathe before his lips were back onto mine, now in a more passionate kiss.

A blush rose to my cheeks. Even though I enjoyed this, it was becoming more intense that I intended it to become. Even though we only just started, I knew that if I let this continue..

I pressed my hands against Madara's chest and broke the kiss. A tingling sensation of the bruising kiss lingered on my lips as I panted softly. Madara gazed down at me, and I got this weird feeling in my stomach once I saw the look in his eyes.

''I-I should go now.'' I stuttered as I turned my head away.

''Are you coming tonight?'' Madara asked as he sat back down in his chair. ''Keiji told me to invite you.''

''Yes.'' I answered. ''I'll be there.''

Once I left the Uchiha compound, that weird feeling left and it felt like I could breathe more easily. It wasn't a bad feeling, yet I wasn't completely uncomfortable with it.

------------------

Not a very long chapter, but I promise next one will be longer :)