Chapter 45. Afraid.

I don't know if this chapter is any good (especially the beginning) but I really tried my best.

Asami's POV.

''The skin is still thin and sensitive, so be careful with moving around.'' The doctor said. ''Just rest for a little while and take it easy. We'd still like to do a few checks, and if everything is alright, you can leave this afternoon.''

I nodded and placed my hand on my stomach, feeling the scar through the fabric of my shirt. I could vaguely remember what happened. The fight with the man, being stabbed, then Hiroaki came, and then Madara. There were also others, but I couldn't make out their faces. And then that pain. That incredible pain.

Just thinking about it made the scar on my stomach sting a bit. I still hadn't seen it, and I didn't want to see it. Not because I thought it would be ugly, but I just didn't want to be reminded off what happened.

Keiji's POV.

''How are you feeling?'' I asked as I sat down on the chair.

''I'm fine now.'' Asami muttered. ''Just a bit tired.''

Fumbling with her fingers, Asami kept staring at the white sheets which were covering her legs. She looked rather bothered, and disappointed, just like yesterday, when I was here too. She's been here now for three days, and she woke up yesterday in the evening, exactly at the moment when I was visiting her.

''I heard from Mito-san that you can leave the hospital in a few hours?''

Asami nodded. ''Yeah.'' she said. ''Apparently, I lost a lot of blood, so I'm still a bit weak. They want to do a few more checks to make sure I'm well enough to go.''

I smiled. ''That's good news.'' I commented. ''Come by if you have time.''

Asami pursed her lips and shrugged skeptically. ''It's true that I still have to thank Madara for saving me, but..''

''But?''

''Keiji-san, do you know why he didn't come to visit me the past three days.'' Asami asked softly. ''Mito told me that the only ones who came here while I was unconscious were her, you and Hashirama once. Was Madara just busy, or didn't he want to come? Because I have the feeling that he doesn't really care''

I sighed. ''I don't know the details.'' I said. ''But he's pretty annoyed because you didn't take him seriously when he warned you.''

Asami swallowed thickly, and I leaned back into the chair. Madara-sama absolutely hated it whenever somebody wouldn't listen. The clan is already showing mild dislike for their leader, and now Asami-san was attacked. It was due to luck that she survived. If we only came a little bit later, it would've been to late for her.

''I wonder what he'll say when I see him.'' Asami whispered. ''Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I''m actually pretty scared.''

''Madara-sama is just irritated.'' I reassured her. ''He doesn't despise you. I know that he isn't the nicest guy in town, but he's not evil either. If it's you, I'm sure he'll get over it.''

Asami nodded hesitantly and put a few locks of her hair behind her, and I noticed the shorter strands of her hair falling back next to her face. ''You really have to do something about your hair.'' I muttered, and Asami sighed and turned her hear, trying to hide it. ''I know. Its looks weird so of course I'm going to do something about it.'' she pouted. ''Mito will cut it tomorrow.''

Asami's POV.

I'm so stupid! I've never been this uncertain before to see Madara, so why did I feel like that now I stood right in front of his house? Keiji already said that I didn't have anything to worry about, and that it'd be fine, but those words which were reassuring before, didn't make me feel more at ease now.

I wanted to go inside so badly, and talk to him, but my hesitation stopped me from doing so. I felt so uncomfortable right now. Standing here alone. I shiver suddenly went up my spine and I looked over my shoulder.

Nobody.

I grunted, turned around and raised my fist to knock on the door again, but before my knuckles were able to touch the wood, the door was being unlocked from the inside and then opened. I heard a grunt, and looked slightly up to meet a pair of black orbs. ''M-Madara..'' I stuttered. ''I-I..''

''You have a key, don't you?'' He muttered as he opened the door all the way, while stepping aside. ''Why don't you use it?''

''When I went to the hospital, all my belongings I was carrying with me back then were given to Mito.'' I explained softly. ''I still have to get them back.''

Madara scoffed and leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms over his chest. ''Don't just let that key get into everybody's hands.'' he grumbled. ''I gave it to you, and not to them.''

I smiled hesitantly and nodded. ''I'll get it back as soon as possible!''

Madara simply sighed. ''Are you coming in or what?''

I quickly entered the house and heard the Uchiha close the door behind me. I took off my scarf and jacket and put them down on the chair. ''Keiji-san isn't here?'' I asked as I looked around.

''I told him to go home, to his family.'' Madara said as he suddenly stood right next to me. ''Are you feeling already well enough to come out here?''

''I'm still feeling a bit weak and dizzy sometimes, but the doctor said I should be fine.'' I mumbled. ''But... why didn't you come to the hospital to visit me? I know it might sound very selfish of me, but-'' ''I didn't come because I didn't think you'd like to be lectured by me.'' Madara interrupted me. ''And I didn't feel like giving one.''

''I thought you were angry with me..'' I whispered.

''I am angry with you.'' He grunted as he looked down at me. ''I told you, you are a potential target, and I told you to be careful. You said you'd be fine and thought, that because of a huge crowd, they wouldn't attack anyway. You underestimated them and looked where that has led to.''

I cringed a bit as the way he spoke to me. He wasn't holding himself back at all, but that was fine. It's not like I didn't deserve this anyway. ''I'm sorry. I should have listened to you.'' I admitted. ''I was wrong, and I've learned my lesson.''

''You've learned your lesson?'' he mocked irritably. ''Next time you'll ignore what I said again, and then it could lead to your death.''

I clenched my fists. That was not true.

Madara's eyebrows furrowed into a glare. ''You shouldn't take everything so lightly!"

''Do you think I have the guts to walk over the streets alone right now?!" Madara seemed slightly taken aback at my sudden outburst, but I wasn't done yet. ''Do you have any idea how many times I looked over my shoulder to look if there was anyone there? Just walking here all alone in the afternoon through empty streets made me feel so anxious. I just wanted to run and get out of there!'' I yelled frustratingly. ''It's true that I took it lightly then, but I won't do that again. If you think I'd do something like that again, then you're the one who's taking this lightly!"'

When I was done ranting, my eyes widened in surprise. I just yelled at Madara. Would he be angry? I slowly looked up to him, and saw him looking right back with the same expression that he had before on his face. A glare.

''I-I'm sorry for shouting like that.'' I muttered. ''I didn't mean to say some of.. that and..'' I stopped halfway when I felt a big hand on my head, but I didn't look up, and looked down instead.

''Idiot.'' I heard him sigh.