Chapter Five

NOT EDITED

Lucy p.o.v

A certain thought crossed my mind as we began to walk back to the room. Why was Natsu truly here in this place. To the ordinary eye he showed the signs of a disorder, yet for some reason he seemed normal to me. The clock didn't matter to me at all, but what did matter to me was why he was in a empty hallway by himself when I came here. The ash marks and few burnt marks clearly tells me he may have a fire type magic, yet it can't be the reason he was here alone.

"Hey Natsu why were you alone when I got here?" I asked.

Natsu stopped walking causing me to slightly bump into him. I couldn't tell what he was thinking since he was facing away from me, but the tension coming off of him told me enough. Clearly what ever it's about it must of been a lot for him.

"I'll tell you about it at a different time. I just got a friend I don't wanna lose you" he said muttering the last part.

"Oh.....okay" I replied.

With that he began to tug me away going back to the room. I guess staying silent made him worry instead. Stopping once again he tugged off the scarf he was wearing and wrapped it around my neck. "Will you keep a eye on that. It's very special to me and helps when i'm in a bad or sad mood" he said.

Running my fingers over the scarf I was amazed how good it felt. The design reminded of scales on a reptile of sorts. "Thank you Natsu. I'll watch over it" I told him. I walked right in front of him grabbing his wrist. I was hiding the smile I held behind the top part of the scarf. It was really nice of him to do this.

"Come o-" I began only to run into someone. My face automatically began to hurt as I took a step back only to collided with Natsu.

"Watch where you're going blondie" a voice growled.

"Why don't you watch where you're going Gajeel. Can't believe they allowed you out and about after you beat the crap out of that poor girl!" Natsu growled back.

Looking up I cam face to face with a tall scary looking guy. He had long black hair, piercings, and scary red eyes. This guy beat up a poor girl? Makes me wonder what she did to deserve it.

"It has been about six months since that incident. They let me out on good behavior. Going to go see the shrimp now and apologize" he snickered. With that he walked past us shoving Natsu shoulder. I didn't notice Natsu had placed a hand around my waist slightly throughout the incident. This caused my face to heat up slightly. Pushing myself away I continued on to my room and entered it with Natsu hot on my trail.

"Are you okay Lucy? That guy is like steel....literally" he muttered.

"I'm fine. My face just hurts a bit" I reassured him.

Natsu grabbed my arm turning me around to face him. He grabbed the side of face with his hands and began to examine my face.

"I told you Natsu I'm fine" I said lowly.

"I'm just making sure" he replied.

He let my face go and closed the door. After he walked back to the bed and sat down patting the empty spot beside him. Following him to the bed I sat beside him watching as he began to wind up the clock.

"Will you tell me why you enjoy the sound of a clock?" he asked.

"Will you tell me why you carry around the clock in the first place?" I asked him in return. He seem to be debating within his head about how to reply.

"Fine I answer your question only if you will answer my question" he said.

"Fair enough" I said. He sat the clock in my lap before laying back starring up to the ceiling.

"It was a gift from my mom. I never knew her growing up since it was just my dad and I. He told me she died while giving birth to me, yet she somehow knew it would happen and left me a gift. I couldn't open that gift till my fifteenth birthday. That was day I was taken here, and I opened it as soon as I got in my old room. There was a letter from here and it got me emotional. She said that if I carried the clock with me it would led me to someone special" on those last words he began to blush slightly.

"That's nice. Sad you didn't get to know her personally though. Well I can't really understand why I am addicted. You see my mom went crazy when I was a little girl. My dad sent her to a insane place. After he grew distant and since my mom was my whole world I began to grow depressed and fell into this weird stage. For days I wouldn't eat or sleep and just laid on the floor. During those times there was a clock in the room and I just grew attached to the tune it rang. It helped me sleep and help keep me calm when I got anxious" I told him.

"Now tell me why were you sent here. It doesn't seem like a total problem or disorder" he stated.

True to his words I don't know why my dad sent me here. It could be because I remind him of my mom to much and he couldn't handle it anymore, or I was just a waste to him. After all I acted dead most the time and grew close to a clock. He would deem that crazy since my mom started to go off that way as well with growing depressed. Then there's my out of control magic spikes he hates.

"You see...." I started but didn't get a chance to finished since alarms began to ring out of control.