Chapter Nine

NOT EDITED

Lucy p.o.v

Natsu was going from store to store buying stuff for the place. What I was wondering about is how he has all this money and get he lives in a small rundown place.

"Geez all this shopping and I'm a male" Natsu chuckled setting bags down.

"It's so weird but funny" I chuckled.

"Well I guess we got some good stuff to start with. Maybe fixing the old place up is a good start" he said as he stretched.

"Where did you get all this money from?" I asked curiosity killing me.

"Oh you see I would do these odd jobs for people and over the years it grew and I got a lot of money that I don't even know what to do with" he said as he scratched the back of his neck. My eyes traveled to the clock, which I made into a necklace, as it laid hidden behind his clothes. He knew it would be a task carrying it around today and he definitely didn't want to leave it. In exchange I made it into a necklace so it could just hang around his neck so he didn't have to worry.

"Odd jobs?" I asked.

"Well yeah. Like if someone needed help with something. Hmm lets say someone lost something important like a pet. I would offer to look for it and when I found it they would pay me. There's this place you can go get jobs from" he said.

He must of done a lot of odd jobs to have this much money.

"Well I guess that sounds great. Maybe we can do some of them if we get bored" I said.

"Sure" he smiled.

Soon we ended up lugging all the new stuff back to his place. Knowing full well this stuff isn't going to unpack it self I began it myself.

"Hey Lucy you hungry?" Natsu called from the kitchen.

My stomach made a growling noise right as he mention food. "Yeah" I replied.

As I unpacked stuff I notice a piece of paper hanging in one of the bags. Picking it up I began to read it.

'All magic users will be arrested and sent to the capital to be dealt with so they can live in this world without harming anyone. If anyone is suspected of magic using they will be obtain by local soldiers. Force will be used if you fight back'

Now that worried me. What can they do to stop us magic users to be safe for the normal people. Either they kill us or brain wash us either would be bad.

Setting the paper down I finished setting things out. Now only to put them up where they need to go.

A simple surge in my magic let me know Virgo was coming. True to my thoughts she popped up right next to me. "Princess I sensed you needed help" she said.

"You read my mind! Thanks Virgo I need to set this stuff up and put them where they need to go" I said.

Soon she began to do everything, and I mean everything. "Uh Virgo I could.." I began but the maid looking spirit pushed me into the kitchen.

"Relax princess I can handle it" she said leaving me with Natsu. I got to admit something smelled amazing making my stomach growl louder.

"She's right Lucy. You should relax" Natsu called from over his shoulder. Sighing I sat down at the small table and watched Happy sleep.

"Why is he blue?" I asked. It's a odd color for a cat.

"He was born that way. I always thought it was cool that way" he replied.

"Where did you find him? I mean Virgo and I searched and clean this whole place but never found a cat" I asked.

"That's because Happy was at a friend place. I went there first when we first got here to see if he wander their. He likes it at that place" Natsu said.

"That's nice he has somewhere to go" I said petting the cat head.

"Plus I haven't seen little Wendy in awhile. She grown since then. Happy has a crush on her cat so I had a feeling that's where he went" he chuckled.

Wendy? Must be someone he knew real well.

"That's nice" I said.

"Plus I wanted to warn Wendy about what's going on. I told her not to use her magic at all" he said a bit more serious.

So Wendy uses magic and he warned her. Makes me wonder what kind of magic she used and who she was.

"I invited her to join us one day. I'll have to show her how to get here" he said.

I felt some kind of raw emotion. Did he have a crush or something on this girl? What did she look like and did she like him to?

Woah there Lucy don't go over reacting. You haven't met the girl and why should I care. Not like I like Natsu....or do I. I mean I sort of felt this strange connection and he has so many secrets I want to uncover. Something about him made it feel okay to be near him. Like I was safe. Call this a typical love story of the girl meeting the guy for only a couple and days and bam they want to get married.

All I know is there's this emotion deep within I thought I lost, and Natsu was dragging it back out kicking and screaming.

I was falling for the boy I bearly know.