Chapter Six

NOT EDITED

Lucy p.o.v

Alarms were blaring everywhere causing me to cover my ears. Natsu seemed to have it worse since he covered his and began to yell. His yelling was sort of drowned out by the sounds of the alarms but I knew he was just by his facial expression.

"WHAT'S GOING ON" I yelled trying to get my voice over the loud sound only to fail and have it drown out as well.

I could see the door being pulled open as Mirajane ran in quickly grabbing our arms pulling us up on our feet. She didn't make a attempt to talk and only pulled us out of the room while carrying two huge bags. Once we stepped through there was this searing heat pulsating throughout the building. Many people were running about, doctors getting patients out as others tried to yell comands over the sound. Mirajane paid no mind to these people as she pulled us along and out a emergency exit. Once outside I could finally hear minus the ringing within my head.

"I need you two to run far away from here, and don't come back no matter what you hear or see. We're getting as many people as we can out.....but not everyone will make it" she said with a small frown.

"What do you mean not everyone will make it. What the hell is going on?" I asked.

She seemed to be fighting with herself over to tell the truth or leave. Finally she gave a final sigh before turning serious.

"The world wants people like us who have magic to disappear. They bomb half this place and then set explosives around the other places. When you two run stick together and do not leave each other. Most importantly no one can know you have magic. Here take this" Mirajane said as she handed us both big bags.

"In case of emergencies we had taken some of your stuff and packed it away with a nice supply of money in each bag. Use this and get away from here and lie low. Once things get settle we will send out a signal. A signal you will know it's from us. Now GO!" she said shoving the bags in our arms and pushing us away.

Before I could make anymore arguments Natsu grabbed my free arm and began to pull me away. "Trust Mirajane Lucy. Come on I know where we can hide" and with that I was led away by Natsu.

My biggest fear was that I never heard the bombing since I was focused on the clock. Many people probably died thanks to this. My thoughts wander to Levy and if she was okay. Who would be her partner in escape since she can't handle people? Another fear of mine was the fact I grew up in a shelter mansion with no clue to the outside world. Would I even make it as a normal person?

Natsu kept tugging me away through the forest that surrounded the area. He moved as if he truly knew where he was heading. I hope it wasn't to far since this bag was really heavy. Wind whipped around but I was protected by the scarf. It made me feel a bit guilty that Natsu is probably suffering from the wind thanks to me having his scarf.

"Where I'm taking you is my own special place. It may be a bit messy and small, but it'll due since no one knows where it's located" he said as he kept walking.

"Is it far?" I asked wanting to truly know.

"Sort of. There's a town a few miles away. From there we'll have to get a train or something.....unless you feel like walking two days" he seem to shiver at the talk of a vehicle.

"I wouldn't make it" I muttered.

"Then....we'll ride a metal death trap" he sort of yelped a bit.

"Are you scared of trains?" I asked.

"Well...no....not afraid. I just have bad motion sickness, and when I say bad I truly mean it" he said.

That would explain his hesitate and body tension at the mention of a ride. Made me feel a bit sad for the boy that I would make him ride it, but if we walked it would take longer then two days. I wasn't built to walk for a long time. I admit I'm a bit lazy, but anyone would get tired. Like right now I was already tired, but that was mainly because it was already starting to get sort of late in the afternoon.

"Do the trains run late?" I asked.

"Wouldn't you know?" He asked.

"No. You see I was raised in a mansion and was secluded from the outside world. I didn't have a real friend till I met you. Before that it was my spirits and the tune of a clock" I told him. If we would be living together for while might as well clean the skeletons out of the closet.

"Well then. Give me a chance to make you into a real girl" he snicker. I didn't like the sound of it, but what else do I have to lose.

Soon we stumble out of the woods to the nearby town. Standing afar it looked amazing, yet I could something was off about it. Since we were stopped I decided to put the bag on right so I didn't have to carry it with one arm. Natsu did the same but grabbed some money from his.

"Come on Lucy. I'll get the tickets and we can rest on the train. It'll be a few hours before we get where we are going" he said walking away. I followed close by and watch as amazement as the town changed. Many people were out and about talking to one another. Children ran about laughing and playing. That made me wished that I grew up able to laugh and play with people my age.

Natsu led me to this huge place that house many big metal looking things that I guessed were trains. They looked like the ones my father would talk about and have pictures of. I remember mother told me when I was younger you use them to travel places and that what dad used to do his business. Natsu made me sit at a bench as he went to purchase a ticket. The place was a bit crowded making me nervous. Taking a deep breath I tried to calm myself. If I got panic my spirits would show up thinking I was in trouble and we were suppose to be lying low.
Natsu came back soon and could tell I was a bit freaked out. He held out a ticket for me which I grabbed. "Come on" with that he lifted me up and pulled me along to a train. Once the guy checked the tickets he let us aboard. Natsu made me sit by the window feeling it would be better for me.

"Go ahead and get some sleep Lucy. I'll wake you when we get there" he said. He didn't have to say much more because as soon as my head laid against the window I was out.