Chapter 7 - Truth Revealed

Adam's P.O.V.

We get off the hydroloop and threw our bags aside. Mr Davenport comes out and greets us. "The mission went great. We even grab a piece of pizza on our way," I smile.

"Whoah whoah mind your words Mr., that was just you," Leo holds up his hands in defense. Mr Davenport laughs. "You all did great. The chemicals are now in a safe place. I reckon Bree and Chase are on their way. Meanwhile, you- oh here they come," Davenport looks up at the arrived hydroloop. The door slides open. Bree and Chase stands up from their seats and stare at us warily.

They stand there still and quietly.

"So... the clean up job went smooth, didn't it?" I ask, breaking our awkward silence. Chase and Bree exchange glances before answering. They look oddly different but I cannot exactly tell how.

"Yes. Yes, it went smooth," Chase replies, while walking down from the hydroloop. "Exactly the way you described it," He grins, not that usual smirky goofy grin, it is a weird smile. "Okay... Perhaps you should go changed before the dinner. You all looked-" Mr Davenport glances at Bree's and Chase's neat mission suits. "A bit exhausted."

We are making our way to the mentors quarters as I remember about my pizza. I know I should have bought froyo instead of that stupid pizza. I go down the stairs grudgingly.

"Is it?"
"I am sure it is the file."

They are Bree's and Chase's voices. The two have not been coming with us. What are they doing at the cyberdesk? I stop abruptly and hide behind the wall. I learn what eavesdropping was, all thanks to Leo.

"Well it wasn't that difficult getting through them," Bree says while watching Chase typing fast on the cyberdesk. "Yeah, but this system is harder than I imagined. He must have modified the data assess system since last time. That should take a few days." "Just make sure the two will not bump in at any second while we're working,"

It is way too ordinary for me to not understand the situation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo's P.O.V.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I groan while running away from Chase's laser vision. He grabs me by collar and lifts me up.

Chase and Bree have been missing all their classes these two days. And yes, I know what happened between these two honestly. I have seen what happened when Chase grabbed Bree by her wrist in that hallway. But Chase is too over, I mean, missing all the classes isn't the way he used to be. And now he even sets an attack on me and Adam.

"You are gonna keep your mouth shut. Or next time... I won't miss." He raises his left eyebrow and smirks. I am thrown on the ground ruthlessly.

I am stunned. I remember that look. That could never be erased from my life.

He sneers and spans around, silently walking away. Bree follows and they leaves us all behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is going on we heard there had been an attack!" Big D and Douglas rush into the room. "Oh gosh are you okay?"

We are quiet as if he have not spoken anything.

"Adam? Leo?"

Panting, we lie on the floor still.

"Who on earth would have the abilities to hurt you here?!" Douglas groans loudly and whisper, "oh I wish it wasn't Giselle..." "Chase, Bree," Adam breathes out, their names are the only words he manages to speak. "What?" Douglas ask while helping us up. "Where are they?"