Chapter 9 - Revenge

Bree's P.O.V.

Chase's face blushes red and he runs even faster, trying to show the reason of his increasing heartbeat is running, not me. I pull a few strip of his wet hair to the back of his ear and whisper. "It surprises me of how simple it was to turn me yours." He turns his head to the direction I am at. He somehow manages to penetrate directly through my eyes. The tips of our noses are slightly touching, even he will not be able to see that. "It was not that difficult. Considering the fact that you have always belonged to me."

I rest my head on his shoulder. "I always will." He smiles and keeps running agilely again. We have travelled a long path before I identify a small wooden hut on the way. "Chase, look," I point at the house not far away. "Great, perhaps they'd let us get in and take cover from the rain," His eyes lighten up as he accelerates. We soon come to the front door of the hut and he knocks. It has been a long while before a teenage girl with long blonde hair come to answer the door. Chase wipes the rainwater on his face and says politely. "Excuse me, I have just got-"

"Are you, Chase Davenport?" the girl interrupts as she raises her eyebrow.

"Yes uh, perhaps you have seen me on television before. As you know, I am a bion-" Chase stop abruptly as I kick his butt before his stupid ego ruin everything. He grit to resist from yelling out. He grabs my legs more tightly and lets out a long sigh. "The rain is so heavy outside. Would you mind if-"

"Come on in." The girl cuts him off again. Her tone is cold and dull. She walks back into the house. Chase follows in hesitantly. He turns around to close the door. It is a delicate wooden house, somehow looks smaller from what it seemed outside. The dust covers most of the furniture.

"This is the-" we turn around and find the girl nowhere to be seen.

"Uh okay... that was weird," he mumbles, confused. I jump off from his back and stretch. When I look up, I see him standing straight again with a puzzled face, which soon relaxes to a goofy grin - his remarkable sign of discovered something. "Should've known you're good when I was kicked hard by your leg."

"It was way better resting on your back than having to run on my own," I answer as I pat my mission suit to wipe it dry. "You're right," he nods. "It was better."

I run my fingers through my hair and rub my nose, pretending that I misunderstand his meaning, just to realize that he would not be able to see me. "Except that I still couldn't control my super speed, I am alright."

"Anyway," Chase looks down at me, seeing through me once again. "When she return, you'd better stay invisible. And don't make a sound. She won't be too happy seeing-"

A giant trapdoor suddenly opens below us and we lose our balance. We fall into that endless hole. "Why-- am I -- always-- the one- being-- cut off?!!" Chase cries before we hit the hard cement ground. The hole on the basement ceiling which we just fell out from closed. Beams of laser are discharged from the ceiling and locked in place around Chase, trapping him inside the bionic-proof cage.

"Welcome."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chase's P.O.V.

I press my arms on the ground to get up. My mission suit covered with rainwater wets the floor. I hear the sound of panting, it belongs to Bree. She is still here with me, invisibly, but outside the cage. We are captured, that is all my brain can interpret at this moment. That they do not know they had captured two instead of one bionic superhuman, is our advantage. I look around, we are in a basement, or more precisely, a lab. It is vaguely familiar. I look up at the girl who has just spoken out, and the two people behind her. My jaw drop.