Chapter 12 - This is War

Leo's P.O.V.

The light gently fades away.

"YES I told you my Daven-Geoleaper would work!"

I open my eyes to find myself in a white lab. I blink at the sight, it strangely reminds me of somewhere. Adam and Douglas have the same confusion look on their face. "I DID IT YES I BEAT YOU DOGGY I BEAT YOU." while Big D is still drown in his oversized ego.

I look around and find Bree and Chase standing at a corner. They look so exhausted, especially Chase. He wraps one of his arm around Bree's neck and clings to her wearily, breathing heavily. Bree is not looking well either. "WHAT THE-" Sebastian screams as he falls to the ground. He is too shocked of the sudden arrival of us that he loses his balance while attacking Bree and Chase.

"Guys," I mumble before bringing in a group hug with them. "We miss you." Bree digs her head into Big D's shoulder. He secretly stuffs some sort of pills to her. "Power pellets." I hear him whisper. "Revive your power. And hearing, Chase."

A blast of bright light suddenly explodes overhead and we are forced to break apart. "It is rather rude to intrude into other people's business, you know," a blonde girl speaks as she walks up to the front. I stare at her puzzlingly. And then run my eyes over the room - all those familiar faces that are not supposed to be seen ever again.

"Well at least I know," Adam points at them one by one. "These were in prison. This one is dead. And this one... What is this?" He motions his first finger to point at the strange blonde girl. The girl rolls her eyes, snaps her fingers, and Adam is thrown backward and hit the cement wall.

"ADAM!" I yell. "She has bionics." "Who are you?" Big D quickly helps Adam to get up and grits furiously.  "Name's Skye East," the girl replies calmly. "Also known as," She shoots a laser sphere towards us as our team split into two again to avoid the shot. "That felt like-" Douglas raises his eyebrows at Skye suspiciously.

"S2."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chase's P.O.V.

Leo drops his geoleaper as soon as he hears the two letters. How is it possible? There are still soldiers that we haven't saved from the battle? "Yeah, S2, you did not hear me wrong. I have always been that missing one you were never able to find." Skye says unperturbedly.

"Make her keep talking... Need time for the power pellets to work," Mr Davenport's words float into my mind.

"So your creator is Victor Krane?" I ask, as if this is the stupidest question in the world. Skye is no fool. I don't know how much time the trick can stall for us. We are all extremely weary. If the fight starts now, we would not be their match.

"No," she laughed slyly. "Not exactly, I was not his bionic soldier." Skye casually paces the floor, never taking her eyes off us. "I am half-bionic, and half-android." "How were you created?" Bree speaks in a low and cracked voice, clearly trying to lengthen the conversation. Skye smirks and fixes her eyes on Bree. "I know what you're up to. Fighting time for the pills to work."

I drop my hands from Bree's shoulders. She knows it, she knows it all the time. I try to scan her bionics information, but they will not show up. Skye has clearly done the same thing as I have - encrypt the outer access to the chips.

"I want a fair fight," Skye stares at me. "I want to show the world that us, the soldiers are better than you, that we should never be ruled in your way. So," Skye scoffs as she glances at our stunned faces. "I am going to tell you everything you want to know."