Divergent High: Chapter 18

Tris POV:
The treehouse isn't far from my home. The walk there is silent. When we get there Four looks up in amazement. It's a hidden treehouse and you can see the view of the fields on the roof. We climb and listen to the birds. Or at least I do.

"I've never shown anyone this place before. Except for Theo, I found it a while ago and it's my only place I can be alone so you better keep your mouth shut about it." I say smiling.

"Ok."

We sit with our legs hanging over the side. I decorated the treehouse with flowers and drew on the wood with chalk. It brings so many memories.

"So your pretty close with Theo huh?" He says.

"Yeah. Always." I say ripping a leaf. "So you guys are like...." He gives me that look.

"OH NO. No no not like that were just really good friends." I feel my stomach sink. He thought we were together.

"Oh right okay. What were you going to tell me?" Four says.

"Oh I just wanted to say thanks for staying at the hospital with me. And for helping me out with Emma. I don't think I'll forget the taste of being bullied even if it stops happening." I say.

He nods.

"Why now?" I say all of a sudden.
"Why now what?"

"Why now have you only started helping me? I've been getting bullied for a while and you seem to start helping me only now. Even though your still with Emma." I mumble the last part.

"I don't know," he begins, "I just seem so inspired by you. You're smart and caring. And I....."

"You what?" I say before he finishes speaking, feeling a little stiff.

"And I broke up with Emma. I don't want to be with someone like that." He puts his head on my shoulder.

Is this really happening? I hope it is. I lean my head gently against his and we fall asleep as the sun goes down.

@hayasworks on Instagram, Wattpad, Quotev and Tumblr.
©️All rights reserved.