Divergent High: Chapter 36

Chapter 36
Four POV:
I go to my room and think for a while, my mind still processing what happened.

All my life I've taken Tris as my favourite friend; I've been a shield for my mom when Shai's dad left. Should I really be here? I feel like I should be mad at my mom for not telling me. But, she gave me the love my real mom never gave me. I go downstairs to find her in the kitchen cutting vegetables.

"Mom. So, I'm adopted?"
"Yes." She says.
"So, Shai is my sister?" I say. "Well half sister I guess." She says.
"And um- what about my real dad?" I ask. She stops and looks at me.
"I have his number. The last time I called him he sounded drunk. I don't think he is suitable for you, son." She says.
"You don't know. He could have just had one too many one night. He could be doing great, but you just called at the wrong time." I say, frowning. I've never known what it was like to have a dad, shouldn't I at least try to know?"
"Look Four, don't get angry with me now. I've had a rough day. If you want to speak to him, his numbers in the second draw in my desk. Here's the key." She throws me the key and I catch it and walk out.

I'm going to talk to him. I'm going to talk to my dad.

I find the number hidden under a couple of work sheets. I look at his name.
'Jon Eaton.'

I dial the numbers into the phone and wait. The sound makes me sweat.
"H-hello?" A voice comes.
"H-hi. Dad?" I say barely getting the words out.
"Tobias? I haven't spoken to you in a while have I? How are you doing?" He asks.
Well that escalated casually.
"Ok." I say. "Good. Still liking football, eh?" He says.
"Yeah." "Well listen Tobias I have to go right now but I was thinking you could take my address and we could meet up sometime this week? I know you must want a lot of answers." He says.
"Yeah. Yes I do." I reply. I take his address and close the phone.

Tris POV:
Homework is killing me! I text Chris for a while as distraction.
🐯-Tris 💄- Chris
🐯- Hey
💄- Hey
🐯-wuu2
💄- Chilling with Zeke wbu?
🐯- Homework
💄- Well maybe you can take a break and meet me at the mall in an hour?
🐯- I would but my mom won't let me. Thanks for the offer though. See ya tomorrow
💄- Bye

I end up studying for that whole day. Then I have a shower and head straight to bed. I don't want to go to school tomorrow but I can't wait to see everyone.
They've really made my school life better than it used to be.

-