Chapter 8

A/N: I hope you all enjoy the next chapter feel free to comment, vote and ask any questions! :)

Completely ignoring me, The Doctor ran up to the brick wall in front of us and sniffed it before finally licking it. He pulled his sonic screwdriver out of his pocket and scanned the wall before carefully examining the results.

"What are you doing?" I asked crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at him.

"Ah Ha! Thought so!" He exclaimed happily as he continued to ignore me. "Definitely the source."

"Doctor, what's going on?" I asked again, this time finally being acknowledged.

"Radiation! I thought something was off. You can smell a tiny bit of radiation in the air, not enough to harm anyone, but enough for someone with a good sense of smell to pick up. And for some reason this brick wall is giving off radiation..." He put his ear up to the wall and a faint smile tugged at his lips. "Got cha!"

The Doctor then flicked out his sonic screwdriver and ran the glowing green light in some sort of pattern along a few of the bricks. The bricks then started to glow neon blue before they disintegrated away leaving a small passageway open.

"Ready?" The Doctor held his hand out to me, a small smile gracing his lips.

I tentatively placed my hand in his earning a gentle squeeze of reassurance before he led me through the passageway. It was pitch black.

"Holy crap it's dark!" I whimpered gripping The Doctor's hand tighter.

The Doctor suddenly pulled out a huge bar of light from his coat pocket.

"Where were you keeping that?" I asked in shock, not have the slightest idea where he could've been hiding a torch that big.

"Doesn't matter. We have light!" His face lit up happily before he tugged me along with him down the narrow passageway.

We continued on in silence until we reached a spacious circular room.

"Oh my god." My breath hitched in my throat as I took in the disturbing sight before me.

The room was pitch black except for glowing blue tanks set in a circle around a larger tank in the center. Inside the tanks were children... unconscious children... It appeared as if they were sleeping, but I wasn't entirely sure. Please let them be sleeping I prayed. The tank in the center glowed the same blue shade as the tanks that held the children, but there were tiny white orbs floating about.

The Doctor immediately dropped my hand and walked up to the tank in the center scanning it with his sonic screwdriver. A frown crossed his features as he read whatever sort of readings he was picking up. He continued to run around the room scanning the tanks, his frown growing deeper by the second as he started to grow frustrated.

"Doctor, what's going on?" I asked biting my bottom lip in worry. I moved to stand next to him, watching the many tiny orbs dance around one another in the eerie blue glow.

"They're draining something from these children, but the sonic isn't reading the substance for some reason. But, whatever they're draining from these children is being collected into this tank and its being mixed with other components of very high energy. Which explains the reading for radiation. If this continues however, this tank could explode and destroy every living creature on this planet."

"How do we stop it?" I asked quickly.

"Easy, we turn off the tanks, release the children and bring them back to their families, and we find whoever's doing this and stop them." The Doctor answered coolly. "Oh and we only have thirty five minutes."