Chapter 26

I walked solemnly into the TARDIS where I met up with the Doctor. He was leaning on the console, back turned away from me. Shyly, I made my way over to him and nuzzled my face against his back and circled my arms around his waist. Without a word, the Doctor turned around in my arms to face me. He rested his head on my shoulder and sighed deeply.

"Alphie's going to have to grow up without a mom." I whispered a single tear sliding down my cheek.

The Doctor rubbed small circles into my back and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "He'll be fine, he's got his dad."

I nodded into his shoulder before pulling away. "Right, Molly's wedding." I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Claire, we can leave later if you want, wait until you feel better." The Doctor suggested.

I shook my head. "No, we've waited long enough." I walked towards the hallway before turning around. "Make sure to wear a tux." With a wink I disappeared down the hallway.

~

"Claire, you ready yet?" The Doctor had been pounding on my door for the past ten minutes.

"I told you, I'm almost done. Patience is a virtue, my friend." I joked as I finished putting on my makeup.

"You've been in there for nearly an hour." He whined.

"I have not. It's only been twenty minutes." I could practically hear him pouting from behind the door. With a roll of my eyes I opened the door for him with a grand gesture of my arm.

Instead of a playful bow or a cheeky comment that he would normally make when I did this, he just stood there with his mouth hanging ajar. His grey-green eyes seemed to glaze over as he stared at me dreamily. A deep blush creeped its way into my cheeks as I shyly averted my eyes from him.

"You... you look really... beautiful..." The Doctor finally stammered out as he raked his eyes over my deep purple off the shoulder dress.

"Th-thank you." I reached up on my tiptoes to straighten the top hat on his head. "Very classy, I must say." I giggled.

"Why thank you. Shall we?" He asked offering me his arm.

"We shall." I looped an arm through his and let him lead me to the TARDIS's exit.

~

The two of us eagerly made our way to the doors of the reception. Unfortunately, the Doctor time jumped so we ended up missing the ceremony. He learned his lesson though after a few whacks to the shoulder from me.

"I can't believe we missed the ceremony." I grumbled as we trudged up the stairs.

"I said I was sorry, and I promise to make it up to you." He pleaded.

"You were probably late for your own wedding. I bet River beat you up for that." I teased.

"To be fair, I was not late for that! It was more of a spontaneous gesture which ended up being a mistake." He pointed out.

I rolled my eyes.

"And this is probably the second wedding I've been late to."

"Geez... are you ever on time?"

"Well, Amy forgave me and yes I am on time quite a lot. You just haven't witnessed it yet."

I giggled and elbowed him in the side playfully. We walked into the reception area where all of the couple's friends and family gathered. I even spotted a few of my family members as well as Danae and Maia's, since our families were so close.