Chapter 25

"Sophie and I were just getting ready to put Alphie to bed. Sophie claimed that she had to use the toilet, so I put Alphie to bed myself." Craig explained to us as we sat around the table. "Almost a half an hour had gone by and Sophie still hadn't left the bathroom. So I broke the door down and she was gone. A minute later I got a phone call from an out of area number. On the other line was a very eerie almost inhuman voice. They were speaking English, but there was something off about the way they were speaking. The voice, I believe it was female; then informed me that they had Sophie and in order to get her back I needed to hand over the key. If I didn't hand over the key within the next five hours, she threated to take Alphie as well and hold them both captive before killing them both at the end of the night if I don't follow orders. Doctor, what am I going to do?" Craig cried out in exasperation.

The Doctor put a finger to his lips in thought before standing up from the table. "Where's the phone they called on?" The Doctor asked looking around the room.

Craig handed his cell phone to the Doctor who immediately began scanning it with the sonic. The Doctor's tongue poked out between his lips slightly as he examined the results. "Yup, thought so." He announced, tucking the sonic back in his pocket.

"What?" Craig demanded. "What's going on?"

"The sonic picked up a zenic link between your phone and the transmitter of the alien ship we're trying to locate. If I can pick up a stronger wavelength, then I can locate where this ship is, save Sophie and have these aliens out of your hair in... oh... lets say an hour."

"You're sure you can find Sophie?" Craig asked again.

"Yes, I just told you that I could. Now shut up, I'm picking something up." A faint beeping rang from the phone and slowly grew louder as time ticked by. Suddenly, the beeping stopped and an excited look flashed across the Doctor's face. "Bingo!"

"Did you find her?" Craig asked hopefully.

"Yes, she's on an alien ship that's hiding in plain sight. It's located about a mile from here." The Doctor rushed out the door before running back. His head popped out from behind the door. "Well, don't just stand there. Let's go."

"I can't just leave Alphie here, he's only a kid!" Craig argued.

The Doctor paused in thought. "Right... put him in the TARDIS he'll be safe there, no wait, actually, don't that."

"Why not?"

"This key that they're looking for I think it might be the key to the TARDIS. Not sure, but it's a very high possibility. Do you still have that sack that you used to carry him around in?"

"Doctor, he's too big for that, besides I'm not bringing him into a dangerous situation again. Remember what happened the last time."

"Doctor, you two go. I'll stay here with Alphie." I offered.

"But Claire, if something happens you won't have anywhere to go. The TARDIS isn't safe." The Doctor pleaded.

"Well, then I'll just have to figure something out then. Don't worry about me, we'll be fine." I reassured him.

The Doctor walked up to me and placed a soft kiss to my forehead. "Do you have your mobile on you?"

"You mean cell?" I asked, handing it over to him with a laugh.

"Yes, cell, mobile, whatever you want to call it. Just make sure it's on at all times and call Craig's number if you need me." He said handing it back to me once he was done putting in Craig's number. "Oh, and promise me that you'll be safe."