Chapter 15

"Claire are you ready yet?" The Doctor called waltzing into my room without permission.

I let out a shriek of surprise as I quickly covered my chest with the tank top I was about to change into.

"Doctor! What did I tell you about coming in without knocking." My face was burning hot from embarrassment as my heart beat rapidly against my chest.

"Sorry!" He quickly covered his eyes with his hand and attempted to find the door with his eyes covered causing him to bump into several things before finally finding the exit.

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I continued to get changed for the day. The Doctor and I were headed back to the Ponds today. The Doctor wanted to surprise Amy so we decided to skip ahead to their wedding anniversary in June. Once dressed in a dark green tank top and a pair of jean shorts with black lace decorating the trim, I met the Doctor in the console room.

"You think she'll like these?" The Doctor asked holding up an enormous bouquet of flowers.

"Wow, I'm sure she'll love them." I said with a smile. A small spark of jealousy itched at me for not being the one receiving flowers from the Doctor. I quickly shrugged it off. What the hell is wrong with me lately?

The two of us exited the TARDIS and walked in through the front door of the Pond's house. "Doctor, shouldn't we knock?" I asked as we invited ourselves in.

"Nah, it's a party, they're expecting people to come waltzing in un-expectantly."

Outside on the back patio I spotted Amy on the phone. "There she is!" I pointed out happily.

"We thought you might've dropped by. I left you messages." Amy spoke into the phone.

"I know. Happy anniversary!" The Doctor cried happily shoving the flowers in her face once she turned around. "And bring your husband." He then grabbed my hand and began dragging me along with him. I glanced back at Amy and flashed her an encouraging smile while nodding my head to follow us. She glanced back at Rory and shared a confused look with her husband before the two of them followed us into the TARDIS.

~

Once inside the TARDIS the Doctor gave each of us clothing from the 1800s to change into. The Ponds hurried off to get changed leaving me alone in the console room with the Doctor. I glanced down at the satin navy blue fabric in confusion.

"Why aren't you changing?" I asked raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

The Doctor gestured to his usual tweed coat and slacks. "And what exactly is wrong with my outfit?" He questioned a smirk growing on his face.

"Nothing. I was just wondering why I have to change when you said that we were just dropping off the Ponds for their anniversary."

The Doctor shrugged. "I figured you'd like to check out the Savoy as well so I booked us a room too. Keep an eye on the Ponds. Make sure nothing goes wrong, as that does seem to happen quite often." He rambled.

I shook my head with a smile. "Fair enough. Be right back." With that I went to change into the navy blue gown the Doctor had selected for me.

~

"26th of June, 1890. The recently opened Savoy Hotel. Dinner, bed and breakfast for two. Bonjour, bonjour. Merci, Auguste. You'll be back before the party's over. They won't even notice you went. No complications, I promise." The Doctor said as we stepped out of the TARDIS and into the magnificent Savoy hotel.

Rory then stepped up to the Doctor, took his face in his hands and kissed him on the cheek. I held back a laugh as the Doctor smiled back happily and let out an "Ooo." Once Rory let go of him he turned to the TARDIS. "Let me park her somewhere safe, be right back." And with that he was gone, leaving me alone with the lovebirds.