Jealous?

I waited at the doorway for Blake. He quickly ran to me before Aki could talk to me again. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallways until we got to our room. Once we were inside he closed the door and locked it.

"Is everything alright?" I asked softly.

"Yeah." He replied.

"You sure?" I gently squeezed his hand that I didn't realize I was holding.

"Just... Stay away from Aki. He's a jerk who flirts with any girl he sees, and he thinks he's all that." He said angrily. He then let go of my hand and sat down on his bed.

"Maybe I should stay away from the whole Fernandes family." I said to myself.

"What?" Blake asked confused.

I sighed and sat down next to him. "His sister Jenna, seems to hate me already. Even through she was the one showing off." I explained.

"Really? She seemed nice when I met her. Weird."

Blake then got up and went into the kitchen area. I got up and went to sit down at my bed. What do they expect us to do when we have free time?

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"I got it." I yelled. I got up and walked to the door. I opened the door to find my brother and Jenna.

"Oh, hey Igneel. Do you need something?" I asked, ignoring Jenna's glares.

"We are here to help you." Igneel said.

"With what?" I asked.

"We can't talk out here." Igneel said before pushing me into the room.

Igneel, Jenna, Blake, and I were now sitting at the table. I was sitting next to Blake, while Igneel and Jenna sit together on the other side.

"So what is this about?" I asked.

"You wanted to find out why they have these competitions right? We're going to help you." Igneel explained.

"Really?!" I asked.

"Yep, and because we're partners I convinced Jenna into it too!"

"I'm only helping because I want to know, not because I want to help you." Jenna said, while crossing her arms.

"Either way, let's just work together, okay." I said.

"Humph, fine."

"Aren't you all forgetting something?" Blake said. I turned to him and gave him a confused look. "How do you plan on getting information? I doubt the adults would help. Whenever we ask, they dodge the question." He explained.

"You have a point." I said. We all sat there thinking for a moment.

"Wait, there's a huge library near here. Maybe there's something there." Jenna said.

"Okay we'll check there tomorrow before the party, and maybe we can get more people to help." I said.

"Sounds like a plan." Igneel agreed.

"Blake, you'll help too right?" Jenna asked, I think I saw her blushing.

"Sure, I guess I'll help." He replied, smiling at her. When he did that, something didn't feel right. Could I be... Jealous? No, I can't be... Could I?

"Well, we should probably get back to our room. It's almost noon." Igneel said facing Jenna.

"Yeah, okay." She said.

We all got up and walked to the door.

"See you guys later." I said.

"Bye Blake." Jenna said happily. I slammed the door after that. She makes it so obvious that she likes him.

I walked to my bed and plopped myself down, with my legs hanging off the side.

"I see what you meant when you said she hated you. She was glaring at you the whole time." Blake said.

"Was she? I wasn't paying attention to her." I said. "The only thing on her mind was being all sweet and lovely to you." I added.

"Are you... Jealous?" He asked teasingly.

"NO!" I shouted, a little to quickly.

"Yeah sure, whatever you say. Come on, we should head to the cafeteria for lunch, or would you like to eat here again tonight?"

"It doesn't matter to me, as long as I don't have to be near Jenna."

"Here it is then." Blake then walked to the kitchen area and started cooking. I pulled out the sketch book and started drawing.

I decided to draw a girl that's in my dreams sometimes, but she's not really a girl. She's more of a demon. With long black hair that curls at the bottom, fiery red eyes, pointy ears, and pale skin. She wore a long black lace dress, with lace sleeves and no back. Her skin had patches of black scales, and large wings sprung from her back. A pair of large horns were popping out of her hair, and a tail came out of her dress. Instead of hands and feet, she had large claws covered in scales. Overall, she was skinny, and her face looked almost exactly like mine, like we were twins.

"Lunch is done." Blake yelled from the kitchen area. I put the sketchbook down and joined Blake at the table.

We made small talk while we ate.

"So, what exactly do you expect to find tomorrow?" Blake asked suddenly.

"Hopefully some answers." I replied.

"You think there's a book about it?"

"There might be, it would hurt to look."

We didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"What do you think happened?" Blake asked softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You must have an idea of what happened right? What do you think?"

"I don't know... I've never thought about it until now. I always thought it was a stupid rule the council made."

"What if it is just a rule the council made?"

"It can't be, I won't expect it." I looked at him right in the eyes, showing my determination.

He smiled. "Alright then. Let's solve this case together." He said.

I smiled back. "Okay."