Day 3. 1 vs. 1

"Blake, we'll find them. I promise."

I woke up remembering what happened last night. I remember the dance, and the promise I made. I don't really remember what happened after that, but I think we went back to the party.

Today starts the real competition, the first 1 vs. 1 day. I wonder if I'll have to fight today. If I do, I wonder who I'll have to battle.

I slowly sat up in my bed, and stretched out my arms. I think all that dancing made me sore. I looked over to Blake's bed, he's still asleep. I wonder what he looks like when he's sleeping. Does that sound weird?

I got out of my bed, and made my way around his. He was laying on his back side, with his head turned to the left. I gently sat on the side of the bed, and stared at his face. He actually looks quite adorable when he sleeps, with his mouth slightly open, and his hair falling over his face. I slowly moved the hair away from his eyes. Now I could see is whole face. He looks so cute.

I guess I should wake him up now. I gently poke his cheek, and that's all it took. His eyes began to open and he slowly sat up.

"Good morning," I said

"Morning," He replied, as he stretched and yawned.

"So what's the plan today?" I asked.

"Breakfast," He said. I guess he's not fully awake yet.

"Then get dressed, I think we should eat in the cafeteria today," I said. He nodded and started getting ready.

After taking turns in the shower, and getting dressed, we started to head down to the cafeteria. As we walk down the long hallways, I thought about the competition. Something doesn't make sense. I can't put my finger on it though.

"What's wrong?" Blake asked, he probably noticed my confused look.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking," I replied.

We finally arrived to the cafeteria, and I quickly got my food and started eating. After a few minutes, Igneel, Jenna, Gabe, and Genevieve came to join us.

"Good morning everyone," Gabe greeted us.

"Morning, did you find anything yesterday?" Igneel asked him.

"Not exactly, but I think I'm pretty close."

"What are you two talking about?" Jenna asked, she was sitting between them.

"Nothing really, just some information on the other competitors. I think we need a few more people helping us. Not too many, but enough so we find some things out quicker." Gabe explained.

"And who exactly were you thinking?" I asked.

"We were thinking Yui Euciffle." Igneel said.

"Why her?" Jenna asked.

"Because her father is a guild master. She must know something, right?" Igneel replied.

"Even so. Do you really think she'd tell us?"

"Wouldn't hurt to try." Blake said. "Why don't you go ask her now?" He said, then motioned his head in the direction behind them.

Yui was about three tables away, she was sitting next to that Serena girl. They were all alone at their table.

"Perfect, I'll go ask her." Jenna said. Then she got up and walked over to Yui and Serena.

We all watched her, and I used my sensitive hearing to listen to what she was saying.

"So I was thinking. You should come help us with a project we're working on. You'd be a big help." Jenna said, trying to be cheerful.

"No thank you. We have no interest in helping you." Serena said. Yui just looked down at the table. Maybe she's shy. If she is, I don't think Jenna's taking the right approach. And Serena sounded harsh, her personality might be aggressive. So we shouldn't just ask directly.