Solar

Credit to whoever drew this. Honestly, I don't know how I found this photo, but it's perfect for this part. Anyways, enjoy this chapter.
---------------------------------

"Brother, she has revealed herself," a woman's soft voice said.

"Yes, I know, I felt it too," a man with a calm voice replied.

"What shall our next step be?" the woman asked.

"We shall not do anything, we must wait to see what she does next."

"We know their weaknesses, we could easily take them down and retrieve her now," another woman said, her voice more raspy and stern.

"And what would those weaknesses be, Elara?"

"Each other, of course," the woman, Elara, said.

"Yes, you are not wrong that they are prepared to put their own selves at risk to protect each other, but I already knew that. I need to know each of their deepest, darkest weaknesses and fears. The ones that would send them into insanity."

"Brother," a younger man interrupted, "perhaps we should look to Eclipse for guidance. Can't we send her a message?"

"Our sister is a fool. She should have listened to her orders, but instead she wanted freedom... and look at the state of the world we live in. Her one mistake has cost us much more than she could ever imagine. We will do nothing but watch as she tries and fails to fix the mess she has made."

"But brother," the first woman says, "the plan?"

"We will continue with the plan, but we shall keep Eclipse out of it. That is... until we are face to face with her. She escaped us once, we must make sure that it never happens again."

"Will she be punished?" A third woman asked, her voice more quiet and frail.

"She will find that what I have planned for her is much worse than any punishment she can think of."

"But brother, you have grown weak. Without her you could-"

"You doubt me, Nova?"

"I am just worried for my brothers life," Nova replied.

"I don't need your pity."

"Is it not normal for a sister to worry for her dying brother? You think me that heartless?"

"I am not dying." Having enough, the man stood up and walked away from his siblings. "Inform me if anything else happens," he said, then walked out the large doors into a golden hallway.

"Sir, shall I draw a bath for you. It will help you relax," a maid offered.

"No, I would like to be left alone."

"Of course, sir."

The man walked into his quarters and changed into comfortable night clothes. He stepped onto his balcony and looked out upon the remains of his kingdom.

Fire.

Ruines.

War.

"Eclipse, look at what you've done. This kingdom used to be brilliant. Where only the richest of nobles, knights, and mages could live, but you wanted equality. You started that ridiculous rebellion and now we are nothing," the man spoke harshly, almost as if he was trying to speak to Eclipse herself. And for a moment, he thought he could hear a reply.