Wake up call

SANDY

I had rested up for about 2 hours. Waking up to the gleaming sun in my eyes from the window.

I stretched and looked around the room. Derrick was gone. But I heard King's giggles from his room. I smiled. I picked up my iPhone 6, and pressed the home button.

5:00 p.m.

I had a lot of business texts and texts from friends and family. But I just sent them pictures of King and told them I was busy. Which I am.

Shit.. we only have a day left here..in paradise. Ha. It's been fun. The club. The island. The sex..

I exhaled. We're to young to be going through this. I got up from the bed. I tippi toed to the door and walked into the living room. Derrick was on the floor with King .

My heart was warm. I walked back to the room without a word. I began to read Steve Harvey's Act like a women, think like a man.

I've read it 10000 times. Derrick always teases me about reading it so much . But I love it. Sometimes you have to think about those. Back stabbing. Cheating. Grimey. Scum they call "Men"

I laughed to myself and finished my chapter in the book.

DERRICK

"Come on boy " I told Kind as he giggled and crawled to me. "Lets go make money foo-food " I told him.

I picked him up and took him to the kitchen and sat him in his high seat. "Here " I handed him his bottle of juice.

I took out some pots and pans and thought of cooking out favorite, stir fry shrimp and steak with Alfredo sauce. Mmm was my hunger was growing like a mother fuck .

"You hungry boy?" I asked King as he babbled about. I began to fry the rice and cut little's carrots and dump a bit of peas in the rice.

Then I thought about all the notifications I would have got on my phone. I didn't dwell on it to much. Hey I'm on vacation with my beautiful fiance and son.

Wasn't perfect but I'm having fun being out of newyork. I stirred some of the shrimp and chicken into the Alfredo sauce pot. I then turned my head to check on King.

He was drinking his juice. I finished the cooking and made Sandy her plate and made king a Kids safe plate.

I then thought it was our last night here. Maybe I should take a picture of the sunset with King. So I turned my phone on. As soon as I swiped up to the camera app.

I got hundreds of messages and missed calls. Not to mention instagram notifications and twitter. I then only paid attention to all the calls my boy JJ left me and texts.

JJ: Answer the phone bro!
JJ: Yoo!
JJ:Come on man. Damn

I read the missed texts . I quickly ran to the room with Sandy's plate . I saw her reading that dumb book. I then handed her the plate.

"Thanks babe" she said smiling. I noticed she put her glasses on. She looked so cute , like in highschool. I kissed her forehead.

"I got all these missed calls and shit from JJ. I gott take this " i told her. She shooed me away as she chewed her chicken. I could see the flavors going through her mouth.

I then rushed back to King and he was just about finished his food. When I began to call JJ . "MAN WHERE .. WHERE THE .. T'S HURT DAWG HE ..HE'S BEEN SHOT MAN!" JJ said Without letting me say hello.

"Man I'm. I'm on my way " I told him.

"Alright dawg, be safe getting here. I'm at the Weill Cornell medical center" he told Me as I hung up.

I was furious. I then looked into the sunset as I saw people walking and the beach. I exhaled and ran to Sandy.

As I ran in and explained everything, she understood and we packed our things and left the hotel. We rushed to our car.

We then drove to the airport hangar we arrived at. I was so mad and specheless. I had no words. All I did was drive and hold Sandy's .

As I shed a tear. I could just remember how we all grew up wanted the same thing. To be free. To be happy. To be stress free.

We made a hit #1 song on itunes for 4 months straight..and still my life comes crashing down.