Long Ride

SANDY

"BABY.." I said to Derrick softly. He didn't speak the whole flight home. We flew first class. Usually it was great. King loved it. I loved it.

Derrick would write and read. Shit. We were just getting out of our childhood. Officially and we already rich, famous, had a handsome son and we just had to move out of new York now.

I held his hand tightly. We both we're rattled about t bone. But when I ask him about moving. Every time.. it's " Oh, Baby.. we don't have to rush. We have business here "

Like nigga. I'm not putting my son through this shit. But, my family is still there . Derrick bought my parents a house out of the ghetto, but its still newyork.

I wanna go somewhere I can relax and be happy . JJ made Derricks instrumentals . He handled his career like a professional and t bone managed Derrick .

They both were pretty sucessful in making Derricks career boost. So why wait to get out of newyork. I love it , its my home .. but then again I rather leave all the death and horrible things behind me .

I glanced at him again. He still was just frozen. I hated to see Derrick like this. I laid my head back. I wanted to cry , I hope T bone is okay. I closed my eyes.

I then opened my eyes and I was in the sea. Underwater. The water was pitch black. It was warm. "Hello?! " I shouted. I felt the sand in my toes.

I then saw an abandoned car and began walking toward the rusty thing. The trunk was open. "Wha.. the fuck??.." I asked myself.

The trunk then popped open. It frightened me. "Ah!" I yelled out. I looked around the black ocean floor. It was quiet.

I was spooked as fuck. "Hello??" I asked. I then looked in the trunk. There was a skeleton. "Ehhhh!" I screamed.

I tried to run away from the rusty car. But I couldn't go anywhere. I turned back to the body. I began to cry. It was disgusting seeing a corpse.

I then noticed it had a black hat with a green stripe. There was a ring on the skeletons finger. Also it was a fresh red apple in other hand. Looked like it was just plucked from a tree.

I remember the hat and ring.. but idk where from. I gasped. I felt the water go from warm to a cold chilling temperature.

"Go away ! Get out! " I heard.
"LEAVE!" The voice shouted. I was then terrified. I began to sob and tried to push my feet off the sea floor and swim to the top.

I felt my lungs getting weak. I the rushed to the top. Then I felt a tug on my feet. I looker down to see what it was.

I saw Derrick and Veronica grabbing both of my feet. I cried out. "Get off! " I then saw there eyes glowing white. Like a headlight.

I kicked off of there cold hands. I swam as fast as I could. I finally reached the top, I was out of breathe. I inhaled loudley. Whiping the water out of my eyes and tears.

I then rushed through the black water to a shore. I walked out of the water and got away from the water. I was still breathing so heavily . There was 3 palm trees and a hammock.

I had remembered it. I then felt my shirt. I looked down to see I had on my bathing suit. I was confused as a motherfucker. "WHAT???" I asked myself.

This was trippy. I felt the heat from the sun on my skin. The skies darkness, had cleared and got pink and orange. It was then very sunny.

I focused back on the trees and hammock. It was the same hammock me and King sat on. I then realized I was on the island we rented.

"Derrick! KING!" I yelled. I began to cry harder. "BABY!" I cried out. Looking around. I saw the ocean change. It was drying and the sand was rising. I fell back into the sand.

I was totally confused and wierded out. I was scared. "How?! This.." I said. I watched the sea around me turn to sand. The sand I was sitting in felt cooler.

Water began to come up from the sand. I got up. I was standing in a puddle.

Was I always standing here or am I just high , I thought. "Am I high..?" I asked myself. I began to cup my hands in the puddle to splash water on my face.

I saw a ring in the water puddle. I put my face closer to the puddle , I couldn't see that good without my glasses.

"Derricks ring!" I shouted. As I was going to dig and get the ring from the puddle. I felt a hand on the back of my head. It was drowning me in the puddle.

The water began to turn pitch black, like the ocean. I let out a huge gasp and inhaled loudly.

I looked to see I was on the airplane. "Baby are you good?" Derrick asked me, holding me tightly. I saw King, playing with his cars.

I also saw everyone else in first class staring at me. Panting heavy. I began to cry. "Baby, don't ever leave me " I told him. As I kissed him.

He smiled. "Never ma. You were having a bad dream?" He asked. "NIGHTMARE..baby promise me, we moving out of new York before Kings next birthday" I told him.

He paused and just looked at me. He exhaled. "Okay , Sandy . We outta newyork .. give me. A month." He told me.

"Okay, daddy.." I said smiling. I was so happy. Whiping tears. I kissed him again.

He smiled. "So speaking of my baby. Sandy. How about a beach house?" He asked.

"Fuck a bitch house!" I said loudly. "Get me far away from the ocean " I told him. Remembering the dream I just woke up from.

He chuckled " Girl, calm down. We'll look after we see T bone" he told me. "Yes, sir" I told him smiling.

King let out a laugh.