Chapter Four

Hey guys! Just to let you know, this chapter's a fair bit shorter than what I've been posting lately, because, earlier this afternoon, I was writing a big part of it, it been several hundred words since I last saved the thing, and I hear my mother ask for the sound to be turned down (I had music playing on my laptop), and so I go to press the F2 button, which is the one that turns down the sound, but I wasn't really watching what I was doing, and BOOM! I press F4 instead. In case you're wondering, that's the button that shuts down any and all open tabs. So, KABOOM! In one fell swoop, I lose at least forty minutes and several hundred words worth of work.

Now, after this, I was feeling little miserable, so I go grab myself a bowl of ice-cream, and, for the next thirty or forty minutes, I sit in my room, eating ice-cream (and a slice of chocolate cake) and watching PewDiePie play Five Nights At Freddy's. Yup. That's what I did.

After that, I decided, screw it, I'll rewrite it as best I can and hope I've got it all. I think I did, but who knows. Anyway, after that, I was feeling quite drained and couldn't be bothered writing any more, so I ended it on that little cliff-hanger you'll see at the end there.

Also, just in case, I think I ought to give you the following warning: This particular chapter there are slightly more...detailed...mentions of Edward's rape, so if you're uncomfortable with that little bit, just let me know. Also, a little bit of language I don't normally use. I'm trying a lot of new things with this story, so just let me know what you think, it would be much appreciated.

Aaaaand, I can't think of anything else to say...Oh wait! Thank you to everyone who commented (if you're on Wattpad) and thanks to all those who reviewed (if you're on ffn) I appreciate it more than you know, it's you guys who keep me going! Love you all.

And with that, the chapter:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal

~Animal I Have Become (Three Days Grace)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

"No! No, get off of me!" Edward screamed. The man on top of him only laughed and continued to fondle him, and Edward could only let him. His legs felt like jelly, and his arms were chained above his head. His body was weak from pain and hunger, and he felt sick to his stomach. The worst part was he couldn't even see who was hurting him because of the Goddamn blindfold, but he wasn't even sure if he would feel better or worse if it was removed. "Get off me!"

His pleas were as useless as his arms and his legs, and agony shot though him as the man drove himself into him, and began to thrust, holding Edward's hips tightly as he did so. Edward bit back a scream and tried to put his mind somewhere else - anywhere else. There was only pain here, and he did not want to continue experiencing it. He felt dirty, used, but despite everything, he didn't really understand this pain. He didn't know what it meant. Or why it hurt; he just knew that it did. So badly. And it left him shaking and drained.

"Edward..." The man said, and he tried so hard to ignore him.

"Ed." He squinted his eyes behind his blindfold and thrashed around, trying fruitlessly to dislodge the man.

"Edward!"

Edward jumped forward and tired to remember where he was. He was in a dark room. He was sitting on a bed, and sweat was dripping down his forehead. He felt like he couldn't breathe, and his chest was heaving, trying to take in the necessary oxygen. He realized there was someone kneeling beside his bed, and, fearfully, he looked to see who it was. It was a man, with black hair and glasses, and Edward realized it was just Hughes. Despite the new-found knowledge that he was safe, and despite remembering where he was (Mr. Hughes' house), he still could not shake off the feeling of terror his dream had instilled in him. Could still feel the ghost of the man's hands running along his body. He stifled a sob, and Maes reached out and pulled him into hug. Still shaking, Edward leaned into it. It had been over a week since he had been rescued, but still the nightmares haunted him. He couldn't help but feel like he was being weak, and he tried to think happy thoughts before he went to sleep, but still he could not dream peacefully.