Chapter Ten

Hey guys. So, I've noticed that my past few chapters have been quite lacking in quality, and I think it has something to do with how tired I've been lately. So, I'm sorry to say, I'm gonna take a bit of a break, kind of. I'm still gonna write the next chapter, but I'm gonna do it infrequently, so that I don't tire myself out so much trying to get it finished for you guys. In a way, I guess I'm kind of like Edward in that sense. I worry so much about how everyone else feels or what they need that I forget to worry about myself. It might have a little something to do with how high I've set the bar for myself, though. Most fanfiction writers who update regularly will upload like, one chapter per week or per fortnight. Mine seem to be up every...two days?

Yup, I've exhausted myself for you guys, and now I've written bad chapters...Goddammit.

So, yeah. The next chapter should be up by the end of this week, at the most, because I know how much you guys hate waiting. Also, after that, I'm visiting my dad for a week, and he has no wi-fi there, so I can't write while I'm there.

"But Kala, you could always use word document to write, and upload the chapter later!"

What, who said that? Was it you? I bet it was, wasn't it? Well, I might as well answer your question, then. I can't do that because I can't take my laptop on a six hour journey across the state to a house with a step mum who hates me, a step sister who hates me, and two adorable baby sisters who have access to literally everywhere of the house. I swear, the only privacy I get there is when I'm on the toilet, and I don't fancy sitting on it with my laptop. So, that's out. Sorry.

So there'll be another break there as well. Sorry.

Enjoy.

I... hate... you...
That's an understatement
I... hate... you...
For who you are

I hate you

~100 Ways To Hate (Five Finger Death Punch)

It was the day of Edward's thirteenth birthday that it all went wrong.

"Happy Birthday Edward!" Everyone screamed, as Edward blew out the candles on his cake. They all cheered as he closed his eyes and made his wish. I wish that Alphonse will always stay safe, no matter what. Even if I have to sacrifice myself. Opening his eyes, he smiled out at the faces of his friends. Winry and Granny had come all the way to Central to celebrate this with him, and he was grateful. It just wouldn't be a birthday without Winry there. Beside them was Alphonse, his golden eyes wide as he cheered. Next to him was Hughes, Elicia and Gracia. Mustang and his team were here as well, including Hawkeye, who, six months after initially cutting it, still kept her hair beautifully short.

"What was you're wish, Edward?" Alphonse asked.

"I can't tell you that, Al, or it won't come true!" Edward laughed.

"Aww." Al pouted a little, but it went away as quickly as it had come when Gracia took a knife from the kitchen drawer and started cutting the cake into slices, Edward receiving the biggest piece. The cake was chocolate, and Edward had it eaten within seconds, finishing far before everyone else. "You're a guts, Ed." His little brother said, as Edward went to grab his second piece of cake.

"No more after that, Ed, or you'll get sick." Maes said kindly. Edward responded with incomprehensible nonsense through a mouth stuffed to the brim. Maes turned faintly green, and Edward nearly choked from laughter.

"So Ed," Winry asked, "What are we gonna do today?"

"I have no idea, Win." Edward answered truthfully.