Chapter Fourteen

Hey...

Okay, so you may have noticed the change in title. Yes, Morphed is officially on Hiatus. Sorry about that, but at the present moment, every single plot bunny that was running around in my head for this story has run away where I cannot catch them. My updates have been absolutely pathetic, and I'm sorry about that. By the way, this is not a new chapter. This is the same chapter I posted about a week ago, just with an edited A/N.

Sorry about that as well.

But yeah, that's all I've got for you I think. I have plans now for a romantic but abusive RoyEd story that weaves in all I was hoping to gain with this story, but hopefully better written. If I get around to it, the updates will be irregular, because...well...real life has been getting in my way a lot lately as well. Things like school, work, and various emotional issues have also had a large part to play in this decision.

But yeah, keep an eye out for that RoyEd thing. It...might happen.

Sorry again. D:

~Kala~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes I'll light the night with stars
Hear the whispers in the dark
No
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes you know I'm never far
Hear the whispers in the dark
Whispers in the dark

~Whispers In The Dark (Skillet)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want, bastard?" Edward growled. Colonel Mustang raised an eyebrow a little.

"What? Don't look at me like I killed your cat or something, I was just curious as to what you were doing out here by yourself. Aren't you supposed to be under guard?"

"Technically...yes." Edward relented a little, not really caring. "But I was in there for hours explaining my situation to Alphonse and Winry and Granny, and I got sick of it, so I bailed. Got a problem with that?"

"I don't really care what you do at the moment, but don't think I'll let you get away with stuff like that once your under my guard." Ed blinked, trying to wrap his head around what the man was saying before he remembered that once Hakuro had had enough, he was getting passed along to Mustang, like a boring dog no one could be bothered feeding.

"Yeah, whatever." He muttered, flicking his wrist at the man to indicate that he did not give half a rat's ass. "As long as you don't beat me up I don't really care."

Mustang tilted his head, pondering the implications. "Are you saying that General Hakuro is beating you up," The man asked, "because if he is, I can file a complaint..."

"No! That's not what I meant!" Edward said, maybe a little too quickly, but if the Colonel noticed his uneasiness, he didn't comment on it. Quickly, Edward worked his brain to find some sort of save. "I meant that you used to beat me up!" Phew, close call. But it wasn't over that quickly.

"Edward...I..." The man said, and Ed could have sworn a look of shame crossed the man's features. "You have to understand, I was-"

"Oh, I understand, alright." Edward cut in, unconsciously grateful for the chance to finally vent out some of his anger and hurt that had been building up over the past few days. "You needed a good punching bag to let out some of the stress, right? And I was right there, perfectly available to use."