Chapter 2 - Jealousy's a Bitch

-------------------------------------------

Things, I realise, can be worse.

Word spread like wildfire about my date with Chase, which was fine. Although, things did get kind of weird. Take... right this second for example.

"Hi, Callie," Ebony says, venom laced through her tone. Her two friends stand behind her, their arms crossed and a oh-snap-we-can't-believe-you-just-did-that look on their scrunched up faces. I've never bothered to learn their names, mainly because they're possibly the meanest girls at our school, so Kayleigh, Erica and I just call them Slut 1 and Slut 2. Because, if you didn't guess already, they're sluts.

"Hey," I say, closing my locker. I lean my left shoulder against it slightly, holding my books against my chest.

"So, we heard about your little date," she says, and the Sluts snicker.

"Oh, yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, and I just wanted to tell you what a bad idea it is."

"And how's that, Ebony?" I ask, keeping my tone as far away from bitter and sarcastic as I can.

"Because everyone knows how much Chase likes me," she begins. Oh my god, I'm part of a typical teenage stereotype. The joys. "And it was only a matter of time before he asked me out, but he's just using you to make me jealous."

"Why do you need to be jealous?" I ask, raising my right eyebrow slightly.

"Because he thinks it'll make me want him more," Ebony replies, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Anyway, he doesn't actually want you, who would? You're just some cheap whore who he's just toying around with until he gets me."

"Okay, listen up," I say, tired of being nice, "first off, why would Chase want you? Your hair looks like a scientific experiment to see how yellow they can make it before it all falls out. And, if I may say, it might need a bit of a touch up at the roots, because it looks like you have a row of pubes on your hairline." Ebony gasps and her hand fly up to her head. "Secondly, I'm not a cheap whore. In fact, I overheard a conversation that you were having with someone just this week about how much fun you had last weekend. Who was it with? I can't remember if it was Brad, Logan or Michael. Oh yeah-" I laugh. "It was all of them. Don't be such a hypocrite, Ebony, then maybe your insults will have the desired effect, because all that I'm feeling now is kind of sorry for you."

"Bitch," Ebony says, running off. The Sluts chase after her, and I'm left on my own, the bell goes for class, and I stay stood wondering what the hell just happened. Teenage girls; they could make a drama out of a pair of socks.

The rest of the week flies past in a blur, and before I know it, I'm driving home to get ready for my date. After my little spit with Ebony, I had quite a few more encounters with other girls. Some were nice, even congratulated me? Although, there were a few who told me I didn't 'deserve' Chase, but I just brushed them off.

Jealousy's a bitch.

"Hurry!" Kayleigh shouts at me as I drive home.

"Why? It's fine, we have plenty of time," I tell her.

"Hah, that kind of rhymed!" she says, and I shoot her an unimpressed look. "Sorry. But seriously woman, how are you not freaking out right now?" She grabs hold of my shoulder and shakes it, making me squeal because I'm driving. "You're about to go on a date with Chase freakin' Saunders!"

"I know, I am excited! I'm just being mature about it."

Kayleigh scoffs. "Mature's boring!"

"So I've been told."