4| Everything's Just Peachy

The woman in the billabong hat looks at me and smiles again. "Peyton Russ, is it? Well I've gotta say I haven't heard a lot about you, but from your credentials you look like a potential champion! Reminds me of a recently resigned surfer Savannah Violet... What a bummer, she had some real talent! Have you heard of her?"

"You could say that." I say surprised at the mention of my name.

"Well Peyton, here's your complimentary stickers and schedule for the competition today and if you have any questions let me know."

I give a small smile and take the papers and my board and run over to where I'm stationed. I sit down on a mat and start waxing my board when I'm approached by a super peppy girl with short blonde hair in a bright pink bikini. Ew. "Hey I'm Miley!" She sits down next to me and extends her hand to me.

"Hi." I say looking over at her then back down to my board.

She looks surprised at my uninterested reply but then smiles and continues. "Are you competing today?" Are you fucking kidding me.

"Nope just waxing my board for the heck of it."

"You are too funny!!!" She says and slaps me across the shoulder. I'm thoroughly annoyed.
"So what's your name?"

"Uhhm I'm Peyton." I say and as I get up and grab my board. "And I'm leaving."

"Well nice to meet you! Good luck!!" I roll my eyes and continue walking down to the beach.

"THANK YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR COMING IN FOR OUR ANNUAL BILLABONG 17-21 YEAR OLD SURFER COMPETITION." Applause resounds all throughout the beach.

"IN OUR FIRST EVENT WE WILL START WITH THE 17 YEAR BOYS. JUST A NOTE TO ALL THAT THERE ARE TWO EVENTS FOR EACH AGE GROUP, AND WE DO NOT MOVE ON TO THE NEXT AGE GROUP UNTIL ALL EVENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED IN THE PREVIOUS GROUP. SCORING WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE END OF EACH AGE GROUP. UP FIRST WE HAVE THOMAS PARRY" Tommy walks down to the beach with his board and he waves to the people cheering. "WILLIAM GARTER" A tall blonde boy runs down, following Tommy with his board. "MARK REED" A thin boy with brown curly hair runs down with his board. "NOAH BENZ"

Noah runs down and that's when I realize that him and Tommy still think I'm competing as me, me as in Savannah, and I realize how much I'll have to keep the new me, Peyton from people. It's the only way for me to keep surfing and work towards my dream. My dad used to be a surfer and still watches all the competitions... So he'd notice me for sure if it wasn't for the new name and disguise. If I tell anyone it will be Zac... Noah and Tommy like I mentioned know my skill and if they knew what I was hiding from my dad and Peyton is really Savannah, they would take advantage of that and rat me out with a blink of an eye. They weren't close friends of mine but they knew Zac, so we had surfed together multiple times. As for Marissa and Lola... I'm sure they're happier that I'm not surfing and will do anything to keep it that way, so that's out of the question.

"AND FINALLY OUR LAST 17 MALE COMPETITOR WHO JUST MOVED OVER FROM MAUI, NATE CARTER" Nate then joins the rest of the boys in the water on their boards ready to start and flashes his huge heart-throbbingly gorgeous smile.

"SURFERS, BEGIN!"

They surf for about 15 minutes, in which they all are spread out over the front and are catching as many waves as they can. The more carving and skillful movements and tricks you do adds up to your score as a whole. Overall in their event, it was presently obvious that Nate was the best, but Noah was pretty close behind him. Nate's moves were so precise and defined but he also took risks and made extremely bold moves, something that's hard to find in surfers, something I've been told to also posses. Tommy, William, and Mark were all pretty skilled as well, but weren't even close to Nate or even Noah's level. I could tell Noah was pissed by the way he ran out of the water and over to his station without saying a word to anyone. The rest of them slowly made their way back, waving smiling at the cheering crowd, and as Nate's walking back, a huge group of girls runs up to him and start fawning all over him and asking if they can feel his muscles and he's loving every second of it. I roll my eyes and walk further away from my station waiting for my name to be called.