15| So High

HEY EVERYONE!!! It has been SOOO FREAKING LONG since I updated!!!!

Anyways I'm really sorry about that, but junior year was fucking stressful man, but I'm back!!!

And I also started another book on here called Foreign , please check it out!!!!

Also, let me know if you want to continue this book, how you're feeling about it, or if u just wanna chat, I'm here for ya I love talking to people :)

Anyways, here's a new chapter!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAVANNAHS POV

"Sav are you sure?"

I look out into the starry night sky over the ocean, already crowded with local surfers and teens, music blaring and people drinking. The beach is still at a distance, but I feel almost as if I'm already too close maybe... I want to go... but part of me feels torn...

I have to go. She would want me to move past it.

"Yeah Zac. Can you hand me my board?" I turn to face him, he looks at me with an unsure expression on his face, and he hesitates before grabbing the boards out of the trunk.
"I can do this, it's no big deal. It'll be fun."

"Okay." He says with a small smile, giving my arm a little squeeze.

We head down the beach and I see Noah and the other boys, downing booze and running into the water and onto their boards. Freaks.

"Wanna go in with them?"

"Nah not yet... I'm gonna wax and then chill for a little bit. You go in tho." I say, watching Zac look over at them amusedly.

"You okay by yourself?" He asked, looking like I just took something away from him, disappointed him.

"Yep. Go!"

And with that, he jogs over to the boys and joins them in the water. I sit down and start spreading my wax on my board, watching them as I go. They all really are good surfers, but you can tell most of them are fumbling on some of the waves due to their drunken state. It's actually kind of hilarious. Zac would never drink here, knowing he would be driving- in fact- he never drinks as far as I know, at least around me for that matter.

Once I have my board ready, I slowly walk to the edge of the water. I look out at everyone, then down to my wrist, where my mother's bracelet lies.

"Savannah, come on!!" I look up, seeing Zac's smiling face, propped up on his board with his dark brown hair all over his face. I smile back and run in.

~~

"SAV what the hell!!" Noah shouts, slapping me on the back, next to me in the water.
"I don't understand you!!!! How do you do the the the waves so well!?" He asks me, obviously discombobulated. We had all been surfing for about an hour now, and I have to say, I really was killing it. But I still haven't seen him yet...
Maybe that's a good thing.

"Noah maybe you should take a little break."

"But Tommy and I were just getting started!!! You wanna join us for a couple more shots?? I'll probably tell you all my secrets, it'll be great!"

"Maybe later." I say, laying back on my board, looking up at the sky, chuckling a little bit at his tipsiness.

"I better go with you guys and make sure you don't kill yourselves" I hear Zac's familiar voice, one that makes me feel safe, secure.

"You guys go. I'll be here."

They all nod and paddle back in. As they're leaving, a new song comes on through the giant speakers, Cake by The Ocean how classic.
I start to drift a little further, when I'm suddenly pulled in the other direction, yanked by the leash on my board and my board is then side by side with another. I slowly sit up, still very surprised and confused. As my face lifts, I see its him. Facing me, but looking out somewhere behind me, a huge smirk on his face.