10| "Family"

BEEP-BEEP BEEP-BEEP BEEP- BEEP
FUCK-ING AL-ARM CLOCK
SHUT-THE FUCK-UP

I reach over and bang around my side table like I usually do, failing to hit it but for some reason it stops on its own. I look over to my side and see a pair of legs, my eyes trail up and realize my father is standing before me. I quickly sit up and rub my eyes- am I seeing things? Then he puts a huge smile on his face and turns my lamp on.

"Morning daughter. Your alarm was going crazy." He says with a chuckle.

I gulp.

"You're home early." I state, still trying to process that he's in front of me, this means I'll have to start my incognito surfing plan sooner than expected. I'll have to tell Zac.

"Only by two days." He says straightening out his suit collar. I never see him in casual wear anymore, he's always in a suit. It makes me feel sad, like he's only caring about his work nowadays. I haven't seen him in a plain tshirt or a pair of jeans since before mom passed away.

"Why?" I ask, straight faced.

"Savannah you need to not question so much. Business just wrapped up quicker than expected."

Just when it was starting to get uncomfortable, Damon bursts through the door into my room. Thank you. He's just woken up it seems, he's in a pair of sweatpants without a shirt on. Ew.
My father looks over at him, no sign of any emotion on his face but a stoic, strict one.

"Son."

"Father." Damon says with a tight smile.

My father looks down at his watch then at me.

"It's 7:30 am." He then looks over at Damon. "Why weren't you awake earlier. It's expected that you tend to the house and start preparing for the day at approximately 6 am, especially you Damon, seeing that for some reason I left you alone with my children for the week."

"Like it or not I'm still your child father." Damon says with a hurt, but strong glare.

"Where's Shawn?" He says looking back to me, ignoring Damon's comment completely.

"I-I think he's in his room." I respond quickly.

My father then leaves the room, not making eye contact with either Damon or I as he leaves. He turns around quickly to Damon, saying one last thing.
"And please son, put a shirt on."

The door slams, and Damon rushes over towards me.

"Crap." He says crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know. I say as I stand up and make my way over to my closet."

"You're still going to do the competition, I'll still tell him about the internship and everything."

"Damon he's back and more brutal than ever! If he catches either one of us with this plan I seriously think we'll die."

"No. We're not gonna let him get in the way of this. Everything will be fine. Plus, you've got Zac."

Zac. He's right, I do have Zac... Zac has always been so good to me, the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He completely trusts me... But I haven't been honest with him about Nate... But technically he hasn't told me the whole truth about him either. Wait Nate... I was with him last night... And the last thing I remember is being held close to him, with our clothes soaking wet in the ocean. I blush at the memory, but what even happened after that..?

"Um Damon...?"

"Yees Savvy?"

"Umm... Do you know what time I came home last night?" I say turning back to face him.