7| Revelations

"Savannah stop you're eating all my fries!" Zac says snatching the bag of deliciously hot and salty McDonald's French fries out of my hand.

After Zac found that little jerk Nate and I, well I guess that hot jerk, I immediately left with him and we drove away, without giving an explanation to Nate. Nate seemed fine though, not affected by any of it, like nothing even happened.

We're now at McDonald's, our typical midnight hangout spot, And I tell Zac everything.

I tell him exactly what happened with the competition, the whole deal about Peyton Russ, and everything along with it. I also tell him about how my main competitor- Kayla was back- and with his step-brother Nate.

I don't want to bring up anything regarding Nate outside of that part, since it seems like they don't get along too well.

"Wow Sav- that's tough... I don't know how you're going to be able to keep that going... But I'll help you in any way I can... I've missed you these past few days and I was starting to think you were getting sick of me." He says nudging me on the shoulder.

"You know I could never get sick of you." I say with a wink as I take back my fries. Zac smiles and kind of blushes- which surprises me. "Soo I never knew you had a step brother..." I say quickly changing the subject.

"Yeah... It's kind of a new thing. Mom was off in Jamaica again and apparently fell in love, and got married. Yep- thanks mom. She let me know about this once she got back from her trip- which was two weeks after she actually even got married.  She met some guy who apparently 'changed her life' and said how I just had to meet him." He rolls his eyes and looks out the window.

"Wooow. I'm sorry.... Geez... Why do you and Nate hate eachother though?" I ask, honestly curious. His eyes widen at my question and he looks around, thoughts scattered and confused before giving me a weak and unconvincing reply.

"I think it's just a mutual hatred of our parents married and to each other." He says, then looks down at his feet while twiddling his thumbs. "You two seem to know eachother." He says, referencing how he found us on the beach, sitting extremely close to one another. My heart beat quickens at the remembrance of it.

"Just a bad run in on the beach. I got a bit cut up from the rocks... And he happened to be there to help." I say, the best lie I could manage at the moment. Zac looks confused at my response, trying to figure out the meaning.

"So... There's nothing going on between you two...?" He says, slowly looking up at me.

"...no, why?" I ask, grabbing another handful of fries.

"Good... He doesn't deserve you." Zac says starting the engine of his car. I blush a little at that, and gather my thoughts, and trying to get rid of all of the ones concerning Nate.

"So will you be at the competition this weekend then?" Zac says looking like he's thinking hard about something.

"I hope so...but it's so hard considering Damon probably won't be able to help me much longer and to keep up my alter ego might not go too smoothly." I say, already feeling my nerves get to me about the whole thing. It'll only go on so long before someone recognizes me or I slip up and expose myself to everyone.

"What if... We dated?" Zac says looking at me with an indecipherable expression.

Wait... WHAT?

"Savannah, think about it. You need help with keeping up your act, and we go to a lot of the same competitions. I could be by your side all the time, helping you, and we'd have a good excuse for it too. People wouldn't question it...and I mean...we're close enough to not be awkward about it...right?"