36. She held my heart

"A love so deep. A love so wide. A love so extravagant—that even death wouldn't deter me from an eternity by your side. Can you imagine that type of love, Ally? Can you fathom it? Well, can you?"— Austin

~Ally~

Cassidy tugged my hair with a brush and then set to work on braiding it into a loose crown around my head, while Trish worked on my make up.

"I still can't believe you're here." I sighed.

"Yeah, well it's been way to long, besides, it's not like we really need to catch up, I've been following along with your story on the news." Trish said.

"I think the whole world has."

"Hey," Cassidy interrupted us, "this is your special day, you can't be sad, you need to be happy!"

"Well considering I was only going downstairs to ask Austin if he wanted any breakfast, I've not exactly had time to prepare." I deadpanned. "Besides, how did you keep this a secret?" I gasped as she pulled a bit too hard and glared when she smiled like she'd done it on purpose.

"If I can keep my long term boyfriend a secret, I can keep anything a secret." She grinned at me through the mirror. "And forget I mentioned anything about a boyfriend."

"Rrrriiiight." I laughed, while she shoved a few bobby pins into the base of the braid and grabbed the hairspray.

"Hold your breath. I don't want this to fall out."

I covered my face with my hands and took a deep breath as the cold hairspray hit the base of my neck and top of my head.

"Now." Trish set down her make up bag. "The dress."

I giggled—I couldn't help it. Was this really happening? Was I going to be a wife in a few hours? His wife.

How the heck had Austin planned everything? It was a tie between being so nervous I wanted to puke and being so excited I couldn't actually sit still.

I hadn't told Austin—mainly because I didn't want to add to the stress, but with everything going on with the media lately, things had felt distant. I know he didn't have much of a choice I'm this, but between practice and him making sure things don't get out if hand—I'd kind of fallen into the cracks. Though if I were being completely honest to myself it felt more like a giant chasm.

"Hey..." Trish held out a dress. "You ready for the fairy tale?"

I gasped when she zipped open the garment bag. The color white made everything more real. The material shimmered and beckoned from the bag. The lamplight from the room gave the beading a warm glow. I was almost afraid that if I touched the dress it would disappear. "Is that for me?"

"From your future husband—he flew it in from France."

"WHAT?" I shrieked.

"Austin Moon does style good." Cassidy's smile grew to epic proportions. She clapped her hands in excitement. "Then again he may have had the super awesome friend of the bride help out a bit with measurements."

"He flew me in from New York last night, that man has his ways. He's definitely a keeper." Trish winked.

Cassidy giggled and thrust the dress into my arms. "Now hurry and get dressed, we don't have a ton of time."