Chapter Two

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of Suicide and Child Abuse

Harry's P.O.V

"Potter! Potter wake up!" Someone started shaking me so I jumped up and flinched away. "Relax Potter, it's me." The voice said.

"I can't see you." I spoke back and the dark figure. I heard shuffling and then my glasses were put on me. Blaise stood very close to me making me jolt back.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be that close to you."

"It...it's fine," I shook my head. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh I stayed the night because Draco here is a lightweight. He got drunk so I carried him here."

"Oh. Why did you wake me up?" I asked.

"We have practice." He stated.

"Oh right." I swung my feet over the bed and stood up. I grabbed my bag and headed out with Blaise. It was early in the morning maybe around 5.

"Excited for the first day?"

"I guess."

"It'll be fine; coach will probably pick on you since you're the chosen one." He laughed so I nodded and we walked outside. It was so early, the sun hadn't even come up yet and the air was brisk. We made our way to the locker room and everyone was getting dressed and at their lockers. "Don't look around too much." Blaise teased.

"I-I'm gonna get dressed in the stalls." I said quickly and bolted. After I changed into my singlet and sports glasses, I walked into the locker room and Blaise was waiting for me. He raised an eyebrow.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded. We walked into the wrestling room together and took a seat in the center. A big man came walking across the gym floor, he was smiling.

"Alright first years, I'm Coach Hagrid," He said. "First off where is Harry Potter?" He asked. I groaned and raised my hand. "Ah there you are Harry, please come to the front." He said. I sighed and got up. People were whispering as I walked towards Coach Hagrid. "Now as you know, Harry got the scholarship and I would like to show you what this guy can do." Coach said.

"Um I don't real-" I started.

"Ah Oliver Wood! Stand up please." Coach said. A boy with brown hair stood up. We looked about the same height and weight. He stuck out his hand for me to shake but I flinched again. I mentally cursed because I knew other people saw it. Oliver just dropped his hand like everyone else does and gave me a smile. "Alright face off." Coach Hagrid said. We turned to face each other and everyone moved back so we didn't end up falling on them. I took a deep breath and nodded towards Wood. He did the same to me and coach called. Wood charged at me and I grabbed him. I was able to flip him around put him in a half nelson. I then wrapped my leg around him and landed on the ground. I had the upper hand and flipped us so he was on the bottom. I had him pinned until coach said to stop. I released and everyone was staring at me wide eyed. I got up and helped Wood up. "Does anyone want to explain why I chose Wood?"

"Cause he's the captain." Someone yelled. I turned to him and he nodded.

"Oh I'm sor...sorry." I stuttered but he laughed it off.

"Its all good Potter, you're pretty good. Coach we should keep him for the secret weapon. He's fast."

"I know." Coach said " That is why we'll use him scarcely, Harry I'll have you work with Wood on some new moves. We can also improve your technique a little more."