1

{1942}

I walked down the street of Manhattan heading back to my apartment.

"Oi, miss why don't you come over and talk to a real man?" I turn my head and looked at the man. He looked a couple years older then I am and I am 27. He had a cigar in his mouth.

"Excuse me, but talking like an ass will not get you a woman." I stated and continued walking. I heard foot steps behind me before I was pulled into an alley. I gave out a squeak before the man covered my mouth also pinning me to the wall.

"And talking like that won't get you a man." He growled looking at me with amusement. I tried getting out of his grip but sadly failed to. There was no body around.

An idea sparked in my head as I smirked. I raised my knee up as fast as I can, kneeing the man in his jewels.

"You should never put your hands on a woman like that." I stated glaring at him and quickly turned and went to run but was pulled back. And in a swift swing my head snapped to the side. I whimpered as I placed my hand on my now red cheek. I tried pulling my wrist away but he was stronger then I was.

"I suggest you let the woman go." I heard a voice behind me. I turned and saw a man standing there, he was handsome. He had short brown hair and blue eyes with the perfect tanned skin.

"And who might you be?" The man who just slapped me asked. The man who just arrived looked at me and saw me holding my cheek. His face turned angry.

" James Barnes." The man who I now know as James said taking a step towards us. The man let me go and squared off to James and swung at him. I gasped but James quickly grabbed the creepy mans fist and punched him making him fall and knocked him out. James looked up at me and smiled a bit.

"Are you alright ma'm?" He asked. I nodded slowly taking my hand off my cheek.

"Yes. Thank you, James." I said politely. He smiled showing his perfectly straight and white teeth.

"Please call me Bucky." He says sticking his hand out to me.

"Well Bucky I am Brianna Andrews." I say. Taking his hand and he gently brought it to his lips and kissed my knuckles. I lightly blush.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful woman such as yourself." I blushed even more. I smiled lightly.

"Well thank you." I say to him.

"Anytime sweetheart." He stated winking at me. "Would uh, would you like to go to dinner with me tomorrow evening say around 7?" He asked a hopeful look on his face.

"Yes that would be lovely." A charming smile appeared on his face.

"That's excellent ! I will pick you up tomorrow then." I nodded. I thanked him again and began walking away until he lightly grabbed my hand. "Let me walk you home. It's not safe for a lady such as yourself to walk home alone." I smiled and me and him walked to my apartment.

We talked a bit and got to know each other.

-
We walked the steps to my apartment and we stood there in silence for a few moments.

"Thank you for walking me home Bucky." He smiles.

"Any time." He said. He lent in a lightly kissed my forehead. "Have a good night." He said walking back down the stairs.

"You too!" I say before unlocking my door and walked in. It wasn't the biggest but it was a cozy little apartment. I liked it.

I walked into my bedroom and got changed into my nightwear and fell asleep on my bed.
-
I woke up to the smell of eggs and sausage. Curious, I got out of bed and I quickly got changed and grabbed my gun I had hidden in my room. I held it behind my bed as I exited my room. I peeked into my kitchen and saw a woman standing there. She turned around and I instantly recognized her.