7

I woke up to the front door closing. I can be a light sleeper sometimes. I look next to me and Bucky was gone and it was morning. I threw the blankets off and ran out of my apartment not caring if I'm in my nightwear.

"Bucky" I yelled. He stopped and turned around looking at me surprised as I ran over to him. I hugged him tightly. He instantly reacted wrapping his arms around me.

"You should be asleep, sweetheart." I sniffled.

"You didn't say goodbye." I said. He gave me a sad smile.

"I didn't want to wake ya." I shook my head.

"With this stuff you should." I said kissing him passionately. I cupped his face as he deepened it.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't be." I said. I lean my forehead against his feeling the tears brim my eyes.

"Please don't cry doll." Bucky says hugging me. "I'll write you every chance I got. I'll come back after we win this and we are going to be married and maybe start and family." He says kissing the top of my head. I lightly chuckled.

"I'd like that." I mumbled. We pulled apart.

"The ship will be leaving soon I'm sorry but I gotta go." I nodded.

"I love you." He told me lifting my chin up so I was looking at him.

"I love you James." He lightly smiles and gently kiss me on the lips before pulling away. He salutes me before he turns around and walks down the street with his bag slung over his shoulder.

I watch him walk away until I can't see him anymore, so I turn around and walk back home.

________________________

What do you guys think of this story so far?