3

I sat on the couch waiting anxiously for Bucky and Steve to arrive. They both went to enlist for the war since the US is in it now.

The front door opens. Bucky and Steve walked through.

Bucky handed me his form. I looked it over.

He got in.

"Did you get in Steve?" I ask him. He shook his head solemnly. Bucky placed and on Steve's shoulder.

"It's not that bad Steve." Bucky said trying to lighten up the subject. Steve just shrugs.

"Did you get your orders?" I ask him. He shook his head.

"Not yet."

Steve left soon after that. I hugged Bucky tightly. I didn't want him to go. But this is his choice and I have to respect that.
-
1 week later

"Hello Brianna." Peggy tells me.

"Peggy." I said. She handed me a file. I read it over.

"The super soldier serum?" She nodded happily.

"We want you to try it out." She stated. My eyes widened.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Brianna this could save your life!" She claimed.

There was something wrong with me, the doctors don't know what but all we know is it's slowly killing me. I never told Bucky. I didn't want to, fearing for his reaction. He'd be mad and upset.

"Please think about it and then you can work besides me at the training camp in New Jersey to find the right person for the super soldier serum." She tells me. I sigh. I stood up and picked up the folder.

"I'll think about it." I said walking away.
-
"Bucky I'm home!" I called out as I stepped into the apartment.

"I'm in here!" He said from the kitchen.

"Something smells good." I said entering the kitchen.

"I'm glad you think so. It's nothing big it's just spaghetti with home made tomato sauce." I walk behind him and slid my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind. I leaned my head on his back.

"Did you get your orders yet?" I ask him.

"No, not yet."

"Mm." I hummed closing my eyes.

"Don't fall asleep standing up against me. Go lay down. I'll get you when dinner is done." He told me. I nodded before removing my arms from him and walked to our room. I laid down and rested my eyes.
-
I thought about what Peggy and I talked and...I'm going to do it. I don't want to die, not yet anyways.

I have to tell Bucky. I don't want to keep anything from him.

"Bucky?" I said walking into the living room.

"Yes?" I sigh.

"I have to speak to you about something." I said sitting down next to him. He looked worried.

"Your not breaking up with me are you?" He asked.

"What? No!" You exclaimed." He sighed in relief.

"Then what is it?" He asked curiously.

"You remember my friend Peggy right?" He nodded.

"She told me she is a part of this project for the super soldier serum which will make the person faster and stronger and more efficient in almost every way. And she wants me to um, be a part of the project by testing out the serum myself." I said. He looked at me confused then that disappeared.

"Wait what?! No Brianna you don't even know if this will work!" Bucky exclaimed. "It could kill you!"

"You don't know that." I argued.

"And you don't know either!" He argued back.

"There are two serums, they need to test it out on someone to know if the other will work." I stated. "I'm willing to try it out."

"You don't have to. They could find someone else, anyone else!" He said.

"Bucky." I whispered. "I have to do this."

"And why is that?" He said, I could hear the anger in his voice.

"Because....I'm dying." I whispered looking down at my hands afraid to look at him.

"Your...what?" His voice cracked at the end which broke my heart. I look up at him and he had tears in his eyes and one fell. I reached my hand over and wiped it away with my thumb.

"Please don't cry Buck." I'll be okay. He pulled me over to him and hugged me. Soon tears fell from my eyes. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He whispered kissing my forehead. I pulled away from him and cupped his face.

"I promise you, everything will be okay. I will be fine and I will live and continue to be with you. Okay?"

"Okay." He whispered. He pulls me back to him and kissed me. It got more rough but passionate. He picked me up and carried me to the bed room.
________________
Vote/ Comment