10

"Ladies and gentlemen, today we take not another step towards annihilation, but the first step on the pat to peace. We begin with a series of microinjections into the subject's major muscle groups. The serum infusion will cause immediate cellular change. And then, to stimulate growth, the subject will be saturated with Vita-Rays." Dr. Erkstine explained as they hooked Steve up to the machine.

"Five. Four. Three. Two. One." I watched as the serum was inserted into him before the machine closed up. They began the process.

"70 percent." Howard says as the part of the machine lighted up. I started to hear Steve start to scream. Peggy got up from her seat and ran out of the booth and I followed.

"Shut it down." She yelled. "Shut it down."

"Kill the reactor, Mr. Stark." Dr. Erkstine shouted to Howard.

"No" I hear Steve yell from the machine. "Don't. I can do this" He yelled. So Howard began to move on again.

"80 percent. It's at 100 percent." I had to shield my eyes from the light. Then it shut down.

I ran down the stairs as the machine opened. I stopped dead in my tracks after I saw Steve.

Well he looks...different. I tried not to stare. Peggy ran over to him.

"How do you feel?" She asked him. I smile at them. I know she likes him.

"Taller." He responded panting.

I then heard an explosion and was pushed down as glass shattered and gunshots were heard. A man ran up the stairs with a gun. I saw Dr. Erkstine on the floor. I ran over to him and Steve but it was too late. Peggy ran after the I noticed. I pulled out my gun and ran after the man as well.

Once I was outside I saw Peggy holding her arm. She's been shot.

"Taxi." She said. I saw it speeding down the street. I ran out on the street and began shooting it as it got closer. I was so close.

I felt myself being pushed to the ground.

"I had him." I exclaimed.

"Sorry." Steve said chasing after the taxi.

__________________________

Sorry it's short.

Vote/Comment