Chapter 2

It was March 1st, two more days until Camila's 18th birthday and everyone could see how excited the Cuban girl is no matter how hard she tried to hide it.

Camila was packing her guitar after her class was over when she heard her phone ringing.

"Hey babe." She heard that deep male voice which made her heart skip a beat

"Hey Danny, what's up?"

"I was thinking, you wanna go on a drink after music school? I'll pick you up and we can go whenever you want, I just miss you..."

"Oh um, my class just finished and Laur is picking me up, she dropped me off and went to the mall, and she's supposed to pick me up, we kind of already made plans for the tonight, we're going to the cinema. Do you want to go with us? I'm sure she would mind if you bring your friend Dylan, too." Camila said as she tried her best not to choose between her boyfriend and her best friend. Not that any of them would even ask her to choose.

"Noo, tell Jaguar I said hi, will ya? You two have fun, don't watch scary movies please, I have classes in the morning and I'd hate if someone, my lovely girlfriend, had nightmares and called me at 3am so we can take a ride until she falls asleep in the passenger seat only 10 minutes after I picked her up."

"It's not my fault you make it easier for me to fall asleep." Camila mumbled

"I know, I'm just kidding Milz, but for real, go out tonight and have fun with Lo, okay? And if you see Chris tell him hi too.."

"Will do Dan. Are you picking me tomorrow after school? Because Lauren has softball practice right after and she has no ride home."

"Want me to pick you up and then we come back for her? I can do that, is soccer practice still till 5pm?"

"Nonono. I will leave her my car and she will come to your place at like 6, pick me up and I will drive us both home. My school ends at-"

"At 2:10pm I know babe, we've been dating for a long while, I know your schedule. I'll be there at 2:05. In front of the west entrance, yeah?"

"You're the best Dan! Thank you." Camila said before putting her phone in her pocket

As soon as she got out of the building she saw her car parked near the entrance and her best friend leaning on it. Lauren was scrolling through her tumblr while Bob Marley was blasting through her earphones. She was wearing her black skinny jeans, black T-shirt with a print and her signature leather jacket, the same one she got for her birthday in sophomore year from Camila.

"Hey there, nice car." Camila said as she pulled Lauren's earphones out

"Hey Camzii," Lauren said as she pulled her into a hug

Their hugs were the best thing ever, to both Lauren and Camila. Their safe anchor after being out in the ocean during the strong storm. To Lauren, the hug meant the world, it was the closest thing she had to Camila being hers. To Camila, Lauren's arms were the safest thing, she was well aware that Lauren is the only constant thing in her busy life.

Lauren took Camila's guitar case and put it on the back seat. She opened her door and sat in the passenger seat.

"Are you tired?" Lauren asked after she saw Camila yawning

Camila shook her head. "Did you buy the tickets?" She asked

"Mhm... The 5th Wave."

"I probably won't even pay the attention to the movie considering Chloë Grace Moretz is in it. I will pay my whole attention to her."