Chapter 8

Monday and Tuesday came and went in a blur. Nothing much happened.

On Wednesday the squad decided to watch the soccer practice. Boys and girls had a friendly play off. Mixed teams of course. Lauren, being the captain of the girls team was voted as a captain of Yellow Team, while the Blue Team got Matt as their captain.
Both of them were amazing players, just like everyone else on the team.

Jake and Dinah were in Matt's team so that was a huge plus for them, but Lauren had Normani as her goalkeeper and there was only a few of people who could score when Normani was on the goal.
Hunter was also on Lauren's team. Actually, he was the second person Lauren took in her team.

Camila was sitting on the bleachers next to Holland, Santiago and Harry.

And maybe it looked like she is not interested in the game because she was constantly looking at her phone, texting someone, who everyone else assumed to be Daniel. But that was far from the truth. Camila was paying full attention to the game. Or at least to one certain player in a yellow shirt.

The game started 15 minutes ago and no one scored so far.

"I gotta admit, Lauren and that Hunter guy make a pretty good duo." Santiago commented

"Well, obviously she is so into this game. She really wants to beat Jake. You can see it in her eyes." Holland replied

"I stopped looking at her eyes long time ago honey, they fucked me up. I just look wherever I can, just not into her eyes."

"Same." Camila added although that was far from the truth

She would look into Lauren's eyes whenever she got a chance. She loved Lauren's eyes. If she had to pick her favorite part of Lauren's body, she'd pick her eyes. With all the colors in them.
She loved how they were green when the weather was nice and gray when it was raining. But most of all, she loved how sometimes one of her eyes was green and the other one was gray, almost blue.
Camila was obsessed with her eyes.

"The girl is definitely into this game." Santiago said

"She's definitely way into this soccer thing." Harry said

"Maybe she is just definitely into this soccer guy." Holland said with a smirk

And maybe, just maybe Camila wished Holland kept that for herself.

"Are they dating?" Harry asked

"Kind of. I mean, they went out on a few dates but it's not official. As far as I know." Holland shrugged

"Mila? Do you know anything?"

"Just that they went out a couple of times. I'm sure she'd tell us if it was official." Camila replied

She didn't really feel like talking about Lauren's love life. Unless if it includes her. But unfortunately it does not.

When she heard Santiago's voice saying something about Normani's skills she was glad they finally dropped the topic.

It was two minutes until the end when Lauren passed the ball to Hunter and he skilfully sent it in the goal. Yellow team cheered while Jake was looking at Lauren like she could kill her.

"Sup Miller? How's that life on the loser side?" Lauren mocked

"Fuck you Jaurgui. I bet you 5 bucks we will win this." Jake replied

"Oh it's not pretty boy. We all know I am much better player than you are. I've got my scores to prove it. What do you have?"

"Sit and watch LJ."