Chapter 16

It was dark by the time they made their way to Boston. The sky was full of stars so Lauren decided to stay outside for a while.

Holland and Camila were debating if it's too late to call Holland's new friend. She did tell her to call her as soon as she gets there but it was pretty late and Camila said the girl is probably either sleeping or doing something with her friends.

Not even a few moments later Camila was asked to leave the room and get lost in Emerald City so Holland can do the call with any interruptions.

It didn't take her long to find Lauren sitting on the bench outside the building, wrapped up in her pink fluffy blanket with Nala and Simba all over it.

"My pink princess." Camila said as she took a seat next to the older Latina

Lauren scooted closer and wrapped her blanket around Camila too. Camila smiled and leaned into Lauren, putting her head on Lauren's shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?" Camila asked softly

"My family. You. Us."

"All in one or?"

Lauren shrugged.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"W-What if we start dating and my parents are against it? Or your parents?"

"Well, when we start dating, whenever it happens I think they will be happy for us."

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

"Because you're a girl."

Camila didn't say anything, she couldn't. She knew Lauren is probably right. Both Cabellos and Jaureguis were very religious and we all know what church says about LGBT community.

"They accepted Holls." Camila was the first one to broke the silence

"She's not their own daughter."

"They love her like she is." Camila didn't back down "Do you remember what happened when your mom walked into the room when Holland was talking about making out with that Katie girl?"

"Holland freaked out."

"And what did your mom say?"

"That no matter what she is always welcome to our house, your mom told her that it's okay to love who you love and that it does not make you any less human."

"I guess..." Lauren shrugged

"You'll be okay, we'll be okay. Pinky promise." Camila said and kissed Lauren's forehead

"Do you- do you mind if I ask you to leave? I wanna call Taylor and Chris."

"To tell them?"

"I haven't told Chris yet, I called Taylor after someone kissed me and fell asleep."

"I'm sorry." Camila giggled and softly kissed Lauren's lips "Don't stay out too late, okay?"

Lauren nodded and Camila left her alone with her thoughts.

She pulled out her phone and called Taylor.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how are you?"

"Good good, you? How's um... How's Camila? Please tell me she didn't get drunk and kissed you again."

"She did kiss me. But she was sober."

"That's something else, isn't it? How are you? How do you feel about it all?"

"I like it." Lauren shyly said