Chapter 4

"Life has its ups and downs, pros and cons. In the past 12 years of my existence I got to realize it doesn't matter how many cons I have until you're one of my pros.
I spent almost 12 years by your side, watching you grow into a beautiful strong young woman.
I remember when we were little and Chris said girls are weak, you spent the whole day trying to make him realize girls are stronger than boys.
You were right. Girls are strong. Especially you. You are so strong. Strong enough to overcome your fears and stand up for what you believe, brave enough to stand up for yourself and for others.
I admire you. I admire how honest you are and how you're able to recognize the beauty of the world without disregarding the bad. I admire you for trying to make this world better.
I could talk for days about how beautiful you are. Your body; every shape and scar and curve, and everything that society might tell you it's wrong, it's beautiful. Your mind and how it works, your heart and how strongly and passionately you love, your spirit and how you're not afraid to be a kid when you want and how it takes a millisecond for you to change from being a careless child to a beautiful young lady. You're so beautiful Camz.
And I am so blessed to have someone so amazing as you are in my life, as my best friend, ride or die, through tick and thin.
I'll always be here for you, to wipe your tears and put a smile on your face, to listen to your rants and silly thoughts on how life works. I will be here even when you try to push me away, even when you give up on yourself. Because you have never let me give up on myself.
You deserve all the love and happiness the world has to offer, and I wish it all upon you for many many years to come.
I hope you always have that big smile on your face, like the one you had when Demi Lovato replied to your tweet back in sophomore year.
I hope you're always happy to the point where you'd like burst into One Direction song, with that perfect voice may I add.

I could go on and on about how amazing you are, and how much you mean to me, but I think you already know that, don't you? You are so important to me. Always has been. Something in us knew and something in us will always know.
LOVE YOU CAMZZZI ♡"

Camila's eyes scanned the note for probably billionth time in the past few minutes.

It was the Saturday night and she didn't feel like going out to yet another party. She could still feel some buzzing in her ears from last night's party. She just wanted to chill down for a bit.

"Kaki, you keep getting texts." Sofi said as she stood up from Camila's bed and walked over to the desk where Camila was sitting, trying to think about a good response to Lauren's letter

Lauren told her to read it when she gets home, so no one would disturb her. Camila yet still had to tell Lauren what was on her mind. How she loved the letter and Lauren's ways with words.

Camila took the phone from Sofi's hand and looked at the new notification.

It was a picture of Lauren and Holland cuddling in Holland's room, sent from Holland's number in the girls' group chat, followed by a text from Lauren "Where you at Camz? Missing you, come to Holland's to cuddle with us and do Gossip Girl marathon." Followed by one more text, also from Lauren's phone "Bring some burgers and fries too, thanks Principessa."

Camila rolled her eyes at the last text, at the nickname at the end of the text. Holland probably took Lauren's phone and typed it considering she was the one who called her Principessa, not Lauren.

She quickly texted the girls back, "chilling on my own, got my cuddle buddy with me. stop texting me, Sofi has my phone, drool over nathaniel archibald for me will ya?"

She gave her phone back to Sofi and decided to leave the letter, taking one of the many books she had on her shelf and lying down next to her little sister.